Project Management Certification
Project management certification can massively help you advance in your career. JK Michaels with over 20 years in project management certification will guide you in the importance of project management certifications in today’s time and age and the different types of project management certification
Why Should You get a Project Management Certification
Project Management Certification
Not only organizations prefer to recruit certified professionals but they also get to helm better projects in the future.
About 97% of organizations believe that good knowledge of project management is critical to organizational success. Unfortunately, barely over half of the project managers are certified and skilled in their tenure and career in the project management domain.
Whether you are a veteran or a newbie trying to climb up the ladder,there’s a project management certification for you.
Reason #1: Global acknowledgment
There are famous institutes and online portals like the Project Management Institute (PMI) known to offer world-class education and certifications to aspiring professionals. Once you get a project management certification from a reliable institute, you become qualified to showcase your skills and expertise to companies all over the world. Being recognized and sought-after name in an industry, you get the global acceptance and acknowledgment to work wherever you want.
Reason #2: Dramatic salary hike
Another inviting reason to consider getting a project management certification is a steep hike in salary. In a recent study, it was found that you can expect up to 20% increase in your PMP salary if you are PMP certified as compared to a project manager who isn’t certified. It indicates that a quality project management certification could give a straightaway 20% of salary growth.
Reason #3: Challenging projects and better job opportunities
A project management certification helps you gain the trust of managers to handle challenging projects. As you develop the right skill set, they aren’t afraid or have any second thoughts before handing over a plum project to you. Also, a certification equips you with both knowledge and experience enabling you to get better job opportunities from great organizations validating your credibility to lead and manage projects in a better way.
Reason #4: Better project performance
Certified project management professionals tend to perform better than someone with no certification at all. A certified PM manager is well aware of the processes such as initiation, planning, execution, monitor, closure along with risk management and best project management practices. Such valuable information helps you take the right steps that lead to better performance and boost in overall productivity.
Reason #5: A smart future investment
Considering the fact that these certifications aren’t that expensive as compared to other specific exams or courses, one should never neglect the impact they could have on your career.
For example, you can take the PMP exam for $555 and if you are a PMI member, then it’s for $405. It won’t burn a hole in your pocket. On average, the passing rate is around 60% in most training institutes globally , but at JK Michaels with our experienced and expert instructors , our exam pass rate is 98%. Taking everything into account, it does seem like a smart investment for your career. The best thing is that certified professionals are secure even during an economic crisis, or pandemics.
What are the benefits of Project Management Certification to Individuals and Organizations??
Project Management Certification Benefits
Benefits of achieving project management certification to you as an individual:
- Provides you with additional portable knowledge, skills, techniques, and tools in order to be more successful in managing or delivering projects and programmes.
- Demonstrates to the employer that you have the desire and commitment to learn and improve themselves and therefore raise your individual profile within the organisation. This establishes you as a continuous learner. Learning is a value unto itself and those around you will respect and admire you for it.
- Enhances career development prospects through having achieved an externally recognised project management certification. It can also be a differentiator against the competition. You are more likely to be considered by employers if you have project management certification against someone who does not.
- Provides an externally wide benchmark of an individual’s project management knowledge and competence.
- You can be a better mentor. The ability to mentor is based greatly on experience, but the best mentors can reach beyond their experience. They are able to reflect on their experience and relate it to someone else’s entirely different experience.
Benefits of achieving a project management certification to the organisation:
- Best-practice knowledge, skills, tools and techniques acquired through the training necessary to achieve a project management certification are deployed back in the workplace.
- Supports individuals with their personal and career development planning. This, in turn, can result in increased appreciation of, and commitment to the organisation, by the individual.
- Improved capability and competence to deliver an organisation’s programmes or projects, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and reputation, saving costs, utilising resources more effectively and positively impacting morale.
- Improves an organisation’s own project or programme management methods and processes through gaining an understanding of best practice.
- Enhances the credibility of the organisation to own clients and customers through having project or programme staff that have achieved externally recognised certification or qualification.
- External recognition of an individual’s project management knowledge and capabilities indicating a core level of embedded understanding, which is then likely to be applied back in the workplace.
Top project management certifications and Synopsis on JK Michaels Project management Certification Courses
PMI Project Management Certification
PMP®Project Management Professional (PMP)®
The PMP is the gold standard of project management certification. Recognized and demanded by organizations worldwide, the PMP validates your competence to perform in the role of a project manager, leading and directing projects and teams.To learn more on JK Michaels PMP Training
PgMP®Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
Designed for those who manage multiple, complex projects to achieve strategic and organizational results.To learn more on JK Michaels Program management professional
PfMP®Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)®
Our portfolio management certification recognizes the advanced experience and skill of portfolio managers. The PfMP demonstrates your proven ability in the coordinated management of one or more portfolios to achieve organizational objectives.To learn more on JK Michaels Portfolio management professional
CAPM®Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
The CAPM demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management
- To learn more on JK Michaels Certified Associate in Project Management
PMI-PBA®PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
The PMI-PBA highlights your expertise in business analysis. It spotlights your ability to work effectively with stakeholders to define their business requirements, shape the output of projects and drive successful business outcomes.To learn more on PMI Professional in business analysis
PMI-ACP®PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
Created by agilists, for agilists—those who believe in and apply agile principles and practices on projects. It requires a combination of training, experience and an exam that you can take online. It also bridges agile approaches such as SCRUM, XP, LEAN and Kanban. Show your agile knowledge runs deep.To learn more on JK Michaels Agile Certified Practitioner training
PMI-RMP®PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
The PMI-RMP certification recognizes demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the specialized area of assessing and identifying project risks along with plans to mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities.To learn more on JK Michaels Risk management Professional
PMI-SP®PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
The PMI-SP certification recognizes demonstrated knowledge and advanced experience in the specialized area of developing and maintaining project schedules. To learn more on JK Michaels PMI-Scheduling Professional
Axelos Project Management Certification
PRINCE2 Foundation/PRINCE2 Practitioner
Many government agencies and organizations in the UK are well aware of the Projects in Controlled Environments. The PRINCE2 certifications are globally recognized and highly sought after by potential employers. There are two major certifications namely PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner. They can help you to quickly improve your skills and capabilities across a number of key business disciplines, in turn driving strong business performance. They mainly focus on managing and delivering projects from start (initiation) to finish (delivery).
- PRINCE2 Practitioner requires one of the following: PRINCE2 Foundation; Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM); or an IPMA certification.
- Foundation: $200; Practitioner: $340
American Academy of Project Management
Certified International project manager
Certified International project manager credential validates your project management expertise on an international level.Project Management is growing exponentially. It’s now used in virtually all industries, such as government, health care, telecom, IT, education and banking. Effective management is how these organizations streamline to improve productivity
Master Project Manager (MPM)
The American Academy of Project Management (AAPM) has modeled the Master Project Manager (MPM) after the “professional licensure” model that many professions such as pilots, engineers, doctors and lawyers follow. The AAPM focuses on professional project managers, but also includes professionals with business and technical management responsibilities.To learn more on Master Project Manager
JK Michaels has a conducive environment for learning and the people are very accommodating the various courses outlined were covered extensively.
Nwaeke PeterMTN COMMUNICATIONS LTD
The program is a very enlightening, intensive & practical based. I see it revolutionizing modern-day systems of operation even in a culture as diverse as Nigeria.
Yetunde OlatoyeTOTAL NIG. PLC.
A very impactful program, for individuals that desire change in career & new challenges.
Henry OkoyeACCESS BANK PLC
JK Michaels has competent, passionate & experienced personnel who have provided me with tools for my new leadership role in CHANGE MANAGEMENT.
The courses are rich & practical, the environment is serene and the coordination & organization is superb for anyone who wants to excel in work life.
Yes! JK Michaels is well structured and detailed vast in their courses.