Advanced Certificate in Production Management Training Overview IOSCM LEVEL 5
Advanced certificate in production management course examines the functional area of production and operations management in the manufacturing industry. Topics include decision-making, capacity planning, aggregate planning, forecasting, inventory management, distribution planning, materials requirements planning (MRP), project management and quality control.
The Level 5 qualification in Production Management is intended for students with significant experience working at management level within the supply chain sector and looking to progress to a senior management role. The course allows students to develop production management in order to support career development and operational efficiency.
The IoSCM(Institute of Supply Chain Management UK) Manufacturing qualification facilitates the development of transferable skills and industry knowledge of individuals who wish to advance their career in the supply chain field.The course will enable students to gain a full understanding of the practical aspects of manufacturing planning and control, including techniques to continually develop the processes and comply with industry standards and legislation.
All IoSCM qualifications are recognised and approved by the highest UK government educational bodies and delivered in line with UK standards for quality and excellence.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness and an appreciation of the importance of the operations and supply management to the sustainability of an enterprise.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of project management.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of facility layouts.
- Explain the importance of quality control.
- Apply techniques to measure quality control.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the problems of waiting lines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of just-in-time systems.
- Explain the importance of forecasting.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply some mathematical forecasting techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of aggregate planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problems involved in inventory management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles underlying materials requirements planning.
- Develop basic materials requirement schedules.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of operations scheduling