PMP Project management professionals Certification training course in Lagos,Abuja,Portharcourt-Nigeria, PMP Exam centers in Nigeria & virtual online training globally
For companies to be successful at managing complex projects on a repetitive basis and function the pmp project management professionals methodology and accompanying tools must be fluid or adaptive. This means that you may need to develop and tailor the pmp project management professionals methodology to interface with each stakeholder given the fact that each stakeholder may have different requirements and expectations, and the fact that most complex projects have long time Spans.
To manage projects with complex characteristics, the project manager needs to be able to thrive in and manage an environment of constant change — change in technologies, change in the business and market environments, change in organizational structures and policies, and change among the project ’s key stakeholders.
So what is Project?
So what is Project?
Projects are most often unique endeavors that have not been attempted before and might never be attempted again. Projects have specific start and end dates. In some cases, projects may be very similar or identical and repetitive in nature, but those situations would be an exception rather than the norm. Because of the uniqueness of projects and their associated activities, estimating the work required to complete the project may be very difficult and the resulting estimates may not be very reliable.
This may create a number of problems and challenges for the functional manager.
Projects have constraints or limitations. Typical constraints include time frames with predetermined milestones, financial limitations, and limitations regarding quality as identified in the specifications. Another typical constraint maybe the tolerance for risk and the amount of risk that the project team or owner can accept. There may also be limitations on the quality and skill levels of the resources needed to accomplish the tasks.
Projects consume resources. Resources are defined as human — people providing the labour and support; and nonhuman — equipment, facilities, and money, for example.
Projects are also considered to be multifunctional, which means that projects are integrated and cut across multiple functional areas and business entities. One of the primary roles of the project manager is to manage the integration of project activities. The larger the project, and the greater the number of boundaries to be crossed, the more complex the integration becomes.
Why Should You get a PMP Project Management Professionals Certification
PMP Project Management Professionals Certification
Not only organizations prefer to recruit certified PMP project management professionals but they also get to helm better projects in the future.
About 97% of organizations believe that good knowledge of project management is critical to organizational success. Unfortunately, barely over half of the project managers are certified and skilled in their tenure and career in the project management domain.
Whether you are a veteran or a newbie trying to climb up the ladder,there’s a project management certification for you.
Reason #1: Global acknowledgment
There are famous institutes and online portals like the Project Management Institute (PMI) known to offer world-class education and certifications to aspiring professionals. Once you get a PMP project management professionals certification from a reliable institute, you become qualified to showcase your skills and expertise to companies all over the world. Being recognized and sought-after name in an industry, you get the global acceptance and acknowledgement to work wherever you want.
Reason #2: Dramatic salary hike
Another inviting reason to consider getting a PMP project management professionals certification is a steep hike in salary. In a recent study, it was found that you can expect up to 20% increase in your PMP salary if you are PMP project management professionals certified as compared to a project manager who isn’t certified. It indicates that a quality project management certification could give a straightaway 20% of salary growth.
Reason #3: Challenging projects and better job opportunities
A PMP project management professional certification helps you gain the trust of managers to handle challenging projects. As you develop the right skill set, they aren’t afraid or have any second thoughts before handing over a plum project to you. Also, the PMP project management professionals certification equips you with both knowledge and experience enabling you to get better job opportunities from great organizations validating your credibility to lead and manage projects in a better way.
Reason #4: Better project performance
Certified PMP project management professionals tend to perform better than someone with no certification at all. A certified PM manager is well aware of the processes such as initiation, planning, execution, monitor, closure along with risk management and best project management practices. Such valuable information helps you take the right steps that lead to better performance and boost in overall productivity.
Reason #5: A smart future investment
Considering the fact that these PMP project management professionals certifications aren’t that expensive as compared to other specific exams or courses, one should never neglect the impact they could have on your career.
For example, you can take the PMP exam for $555 and if you are a PMI member, then it’s for $405. It won’t burn a hole in your pocket. On average, the passing rate is around 60% in most training institutes globally , but at JK Michaels with our experienced and expert instructors , our exam pass rate is 98%. Taking everything into account, it does seem like a smart investment for your career. The best thing is that certified professionals are secure even during an economic crisis, or pandemics.
What are the benefits of PMP Project Management Professionals Certification to Individuals and Organizations??
PMP Project Management Professionals Certification Benefits
Benefits of achieving PMP project management professionals certification to you as an individual:
- Provides you with additional portable knowledge, skills, techniques, and tools in order to be more successful in managing or delivering projects and programmes.
- Demonstrates to the employer that you have the desire and commitment to learn and improve themselves and therefore raise your individual profile within the organisation. This establishes you as a continuous learner. Learning is a value unto itself and those around you will respect and admire you for it.
- Enhances career development prospects through having achieved an externally recognised project management certification. It can also be a differentiator against the competition. You are more likely to be considered by employers if you have PMP project management professionals certification against someone who does not.
- Provides an externally wide benchmark of an individual’s project management knowledge and competence.
- You can be a better mentor. The ability to mentor is based greatly on experience, but the best mentors can reach beyond their experience. They are able to reflect on their experience and relate it to someone else’s entirely different experience.
Benefits of achieving a PMP project management Professionals certification to the organisation:
- Best-practice knowledge, skills, tools and techniques acquired through the training necessary to achieve a PMP project management professionals certification are deployed back in the workplace.
- Supports individuals with their personal and career development planning. This, in turn, can result in increased appreciation of, and commitment to the organisation, by the individual.
- Improved capability and competence to deliver an organisation’s programmes or projects, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and reputation, saving costs, utilising resources more effectively and positively impacting morale.
- Improves an organisation’s own project or programme management methods and processes through gaining an understanding of best practice.
- Enhances the credibility of the organisation to own clients and customers through having project or programme staff that have achieved externally recognised certification or qualification.
- External recognition of an individual’s project management knowledge and capabilities indicating a core level of embedded understanding, which is then likely to be applied back in the workplace.
PMP Project Management Professionals Course Outlines
Course Outline And Agenda
PMP® Exam Prep Introduction
- Introduction to Project Management
- Exam Attitudes
- Who’s PMI® ?
- What’s the PMBOK® Guide?
- A PMP® & Steps to Becoming One
Project Management Framework – Introduction
- What’s Project Management?
- What’s a Project?
- The Project Management Office®
- Progressive Elaboration vs Scope Creep
- The Triple Constraint
- Ten Knowledge Areas – Project Life Cycle & Organization
- Environmental & Organizational Influences
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Life Cycle & Phases Project Management Processes
- Initiating Processes
- Planning Processes
- Executing Processing
- Monitoring & Controlling Processes
- Closing Processes
- Change, Deliverable & Information Flow
- Project Success Factors
Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
Project Schedule Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Control Schedule
Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Control Costs
Project Communications Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Manage Communications
- Control Communications
Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Control Quality
Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Control Risks
Project Resource Management
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage Project Team
Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management
- Conduct Procurement
- Control Procurement
- Close Procurement
Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Management
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Control Stakeholder Engagement
Project Integration Management
- Review of Terms
- Develop Project Charter
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Direct & Manage Project Work
- Monitor & Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Close Project or Phase
Professional & Social Responsibility
- PMI® Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct PMP® Certification Prep Review
- PMP® Picture Game
Who Should Attend PMP Project Management Professionals Course
Who should attend
Professionals from any department or organization looking to eliminate waste, reduce costs, and increase product and process successes – including engineering, operations, manufacturing, finance and accounting, purchasing, and general management.
- Project Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Outsourcing Professionals
- QA Managers/Directors
- Application Development Managers/Directors
- Business Analysts
- Systems Analysts
- Systems Architect
- Business Owners,
- Procurement Managers
- Business development
- Quantity Surveyors
- Process improvement professionals
PMP Project Management Professional Certification requirements?
PMP® Certification Requirement
|Category||General Education||PMP® Education||PMP® Experience||Number of Questions||Sign Code of Conduct|
|One||Bachelors Degree||35 contact hours||4500 hours in 3 years||200||Yes|
|Two||Secondary School Graduate (SSCE)||35 contact hours||7500 in 5years||200||Yes|
About the CAPM® Exam
CAPM® is the Certified Associate In Project Management (CAPM®). The exam for CAPM® is easier than PMP® exam, requires less experience, has only 150 questions that is less practical than the PMP® exam but they both cover the same topics i.e. the PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge®) and can be taken by undergraduates and new graduates.
The CAPM® is designed for aspiring project managers that want to secure their future and establish their credibility to apply Project Management best practices. It leads to higher level of work performance
|PM Experience||Experience within last||Number of Questions||Exam Length||Sign code of conduct|
|One||Secondary School Graduate (SSCE)||23Contact Hours||1500Hrs||3 Years||150||3 hours||Yes|
|Two||Secondary School Graduate (SSCE||23
|–||3 years||150||3 hours||Yes|
APPLYING FOR THE EXAM
More information on applying for the exam is available on PMI® website (www.pmi.org) THE EXAMINATION The examination is computer-based and is comprised of 200 multiple-choice questions. The allotted time to complete the examination is four (4) hours for PMP® and (3) hours for CAPM®. The examination is offered around the world at PMI®-approved prometric testing centers. To find a testing center in your area, please visit the PMI® website.
The current fees for the examination are as follows
COMPUTER BASED PMP® Examination Fees(US Dollars)
PMI® Members- $405.00
CAPM® Examination Fees
PMI® Member -$225
PMI® Non-Member -$300
PAPER BASED PMP® Examination Fees
PMI® Membership fee:$139
PMI® Non members:$300
JK Michaels has a conducive environment for learning and the people are very accommodating the various courses outlined were covered extensively.
Nwaeke PeterMTN COMMUNICATIONS LTD
The program is a very enlightening, intensive & practical based. I see it revolutionizing modern-day systems of operation even in a culture as diverse as Nigeria.
Yetunde OlatoyeTOTAL NIG. PLC.
A very impactful program, for individuals that desire change in career & new challenges.
Henry OkoyeACCESS BANK PLC
JK Michaels has competent, passionate & experienced personnel who have provided me with tools for my new leadership role in CHANGE MANAGEMENT.
The courses are rich & practical, the environment is serene and the coordination & organization is superb for anyone who wants to excel in work life
Yes! JK Michaels is well structured and detailed vast in their courses.