November 19, 2019 - 8:30 am
November 20, 2019 - 5:00 pm
AddressPlot 14, Odeniran Street, Off Opebi, Oregun Link Bridge, Opebi Ikeja, Lagos. View map
LEAN PROCESS IMPROVEMENT TRAINING
Lean process improvement training is a system of steps that help organisations reduce waste by focusing on customer value. By identifying how customer value flows across every aspect of the organisation, management & teams can then fine-tune and implement processes that create zero waste.
This training course will enable teams with the right tools to implement lean principles of process improvement into the very core of their culture, reducing waste and improving product and service value to the customer. Tools covered include 5S, 5W-2H, PDSA, DMAIC, Kaizen, Genchi Genbutsu.
This two-day Lean Process Improvement training course will give your organisation the foundational tools it requires to implement Lean.
Day one will explore the foundational Toyota precepts of Lean and the five improvement concepts – value, waste, variation,complexity, and continuous improvement.
The second day will focus on the actual tools for implementing these continual improvement concepts in their organisation. Useful tools will include; Lean data mapping methods, 5S, 5W-2H, PDSA, DMAIC, Kaizen, Genchi Genbutsu.
This Lean process improvement training course will enable an entire organisation to holistically apply lean thinking across every aspect of their value stream. From the worker to the CEO, the constant reevaluation of the value stream across each product and service family will challenge old thinking and create a new culture of lean thinking. Once the value of a product or service is identified, then unnecessary waste can be removed with continual process improvement.
Lean is not just limited to manufacturing and production, but also can equally be applied to service oriented industries like healthcare, government, education and agribusiness.
COURSE OBJECTIVES AND LEARNING OUTCOME
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Lean and its key terms
- Describe the Toyota Production System and the TPS house
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Use the Kano model to understand, describe, analyze, and improve value
- Identify and reduce various types of waste
- Create a plan for a more environmentally Lean organization
- Use the PDSA and R-DMAIC-S models to plan, execute, and evaluate Lean changes
- Use Lean thinking frameworks, including 5W-2H, Genchi Genbutsu and Gemba
- Prepare for and complete a basic 5-S
- Describe the key elements of Kaizen events, particularly a Kaizen blitz
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data using flow charts, Ishikawa (fishbone) diagrams, SIPOC diagrams, and value stream maps
- Go back to their organization with a plan to begin incorporating Lean into their corporate culture
LEAN is a new light which companies who are keen on maximizing profit & elimination waste .
RUME EGBIOANDO ENERGY SERVICE LTD/ ACCOUNTANT
Facilitator has a wealth of experience about the field. Having such opportunities in the near future will also add value to beneficiaries & the entire organization at large.