Prince2 Practioner Training course objectives?
The key objectives of this PRINCE2 Practitioner training course are:
- Understand the PRINCE2 method at Foundation and Practitioner levels
- Understand the integrated elements of PRINCE2 (principles, processes, themes & tailoring) in a work environment
- Understand the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project management
- Help delegates to operate effectively with colleagues and managers when managing projects in a structured project management environment
BENEFITS PRINCE 2 PRACTIONER TRAINING COURSE AND CREDENTIALS TO INDIVIDUALS
- To Gain First Class Project Management Skills
- To Improve Employment Prospects
- Boosts your personality
- Establishes your credibility as a high level professional
- You’ll boost your career by enhancing your CV.
- You’ll gain a PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate* (*on passing the exam)
- You’ll l get a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 method.
- You’ll boost your confidence in supporting or participating in the project.
- Effectively prioritize projects to maximize efficiency.
- Clarify project goals,problem areas, and project risks to enhance project success.
- Consistently track tasks and milestones to better monitor potential outcomes.
- Expand communication among stakeholders.
- I n c r e a s e o v e r a l l p r o j e c t performance ,efficiency and effectiveness for better bottom line result
BENEFITS OF PRINCE 2 PRACTITIONER TRAINING COURSE AND CREDENTIALS TO ORGANISATIONS
- A common, consistent approach to managing projects
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
- Flexible decision points
- Management can easily control any deviations from the plan
- The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
- Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organization
- A means of capturing and sharing lessons learned
- A route to increasing the project management skills and competences of the organisation’s staff at all levels.
Prince2 Practitioner Training Course approach?
The PRINCE2 Practitioner training course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM Group approved trainer with practical experience of project management.
JK Michaels’s highly acclaimed online event preparation is available to everyone attending this event. Delegates should spend approximately 10 hours studying this pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
Due to the intense nature of this course, delegates should plan to commit approximately 1 hour each evening during the course for study and review.
JK Michaels’s flexible approach to the management of the course means that delegates can attend the whole 5-day Practitioner event or attend the 3-day Foundation event only and return at a later date to complete the Practitioner elements and Exam if they so wish.
What examinations are taken on the PRINCE2 Practitioner course?
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book exam consisting of 75 multiple-choice questions
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam: 2½ hours, open book (PRINCE2® manual only) consisting of 8 scenario-based objective test questions
Also available on this event: PRINCE2 Practitioner Re-Registration: 1 hour open book (PRINCE2® manual only) consisting of 3 scenario-based objective test questions.
To maintain your PRINCE2 Practitioner Qualification you will need to sit and pass a PRINCE2 Re-Registration exam within 5 years of passing your original examination
What course materials are included?
PRINCE2 Online Event Preparation
JK Michaels’s highly acclaimed online event preparation includes video presenters, online sample exam questions, personal progress reports and a wealth of resources to help you prepare for your course.
The Event Preparation is also accessible on mobile devices and i-Pad for your convenience.
The official Axelos PRINCE2® Manual, sent with your course joining instructions.
- PRINCE2 Preparation Guide – This is a detailed guide explaining what to focus on when preparing for your training course.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Handout – Provided during the course, this handout includes the tasks used during the course, a copy of the slides used by the trainer, Key Learning Points, and the APMG sample foundation exam paper.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Assistant – Provided during the course, this handout includes the APMG sample Practitioner exam paper.
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
The 1-hour Axelos Foundation Exam is held on the third day at 4pm. Results will be available within 30 minutes of the end of the exam.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
The 2 hour, 30 minute Axelos Practitioner Exam is held on the final day at 9am. Exam papers are marked by Axelos and results are usually available within 3-4 weeks.
All courses include refreshments, Complimentary lunch provided on courses outside Lagos.
Following your course, your Online Event Preparation account will be transferred for access to JK Michaels’s online Post-Course Resources. This includes PRINCE2 template documents, completed sample management products, an interactive process model with e-learning and video presentation for reviewing the method, and project healthcheck tools.
What does the PRINCE2 Practitioner course cover?
This five-day course covers the PRINCE2 Foundation & practitioner syllabus,while the 2day Prince2 Practitioner training advance on what is the foundation exam including the following topics:
Structured Approach to Managing Projects –Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects; project success criteria; the model of the PRINCE2 method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
The Process-based Approach – PRINCE2 focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. JK Michaels’s PRINCE2 Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
Business Case – What is a Business Case; Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits; Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; Confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan.
Organisation – Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management; Communication Management Strategy.
Plans – Levels and content of Plans; Exception Plans; Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2 planning steps.
Progress – Management and Technical Stages. Tolerance and Raising Exceptions. Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress; Baselines for Control; Capturing and Reporting Lessons; Event-driven and time-driven controls.
Change – Issue and Change Control procedure; Configuration Management procedure; Configuration Management Strategy; Baseline, Handling changes; Tracking and protecting products; Change Authority; Change Budget.
Quality – Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial; Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
Risk – Risk and Risk Management; Risk Management in Projects; Risk Management Strategy; Risk Management Procedure; Risk Budget.
Practical Work – Specially written scenarios and comprehensive sets of related tasks help provide a practical application of the method. Practical work includes creating process models, completing tasks related to specific elements of the method such as how the PRINCE2 themes help to apply the PRINCE2 principles as well as a variety of objective test questions. Many tasks are designed to help delegates ‘link’ the four integrated elements of PRINCE2®; “principles”, “processes”,
Who is the course designed for?
Organisations and individuals requiring a controlled approach to managing projects. Suitable for project managers, team managers, project support and assurance staff, and managers from any discipline, and is particularly aimed at people who are responsible for managing projects.
The PRINCE2® method is flexible and adaptable for any type and size of project, and offers an excellent management foundation for any member of staff.
The instructor was very knowledgeable, the staff friendly and happy to assist at all levels and kept their professionalism throughout. Good work !
GBADEBO OYINKAN.ACCOUNTANT AND FINANCE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION. NIGERIA LNG LTD.
The training sessions are quite illustrative with detailed work place scenarios.
Adeyiga Awonuti.Mint Seal Services
The training was much more than I expected. I am extremely pleased with your services. I have learnt strategic ways of achieving objectives.
Nebo ChimdinduUchennaHelp-Desk Manager Bureau of Public enterprises
TAKE ACTION!SIGN UP NOW