LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT COURSE OVERVIEW
Learning and development course at JK Michaels equip participant with the skills and tools to drive human performance improvement within organizations.This course deals with the process of training and developing people in organisations.
It is clear empirically that efficient and effective management of an organization’s human capital is the primary source of its competitiveness and sustainability. Furthermore, the dynamic and largely uncontrollable nature of global, political, social,economic, technological, and organizational forces requires the on-going strategic development of the skillset of an
organization’s employees for its very survival. Therefore, focused, outcomes-driven training and development is critically related to the traditional major goals of HRM: to acquire, develop and maintain an organization’shuman capital.
It is also a direct strategic driver of organizational success.
In this course, the student will learn how to 1) identify training and development needs through needs assessments,
2) analyze jobs and tasks to determine training and development objectives, 3) create appropriate training
objectives, 4) design effective training and development programs using different techniques or methods,
5) implement a variety a different training and development activities, and 6) evaluate the effectiveness and
efficiency of training and development programs.
This learning and development course deals with the process of training and developing people in organisations. It covers a variety of approaches to instruction and learning and contrasts these with their practical application. It also includes the study of core functions of human resource development and the development of an understanding of workplace competency standards. You will learn to design and conduct needs analyses and to plan, implement and evaluate training programs. You will also learn training techniques and the skills required to deliver a training program.Other topics include adult learning theory, transfer of training, career planning, counselling, training techniques, budgeting and trends in training.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT COURSE OBJECTIVES:
After taking this course you should be able to:
1. Determine and discuss how and under what circumstances training can help organizations gain a strategic
2. Conduct a needs assessment to determine whether and what kind of training is necessary.
3. Evaluate and create conditions to ensure employees’ readiness for training.
4. Determine and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of presentation, hands-on, and group training methods.
5. Select appropriate training methods based on training objectives, trainee characteristics, and organizational
6. Design a training environment to maximize learning.
7. Choose appropriate training outcomes and evaluation design to assess training program effectiveness.
8. Understand how assessment, relationships, courses, and job experiences can be used for development.
9. Propose activities that companies should engage in to effectively manage a diverse workforce.
10. Understand how to prepare employees for international job assignments.
11. Understand the employee socialization process.
12. Understand the issues that employees experience in their career development and what companies can do to
help them deal with these issues.
13. The course is also designed to develop you in three practical areas:
a) a critical and self-reflective approach to personal development/learning;
b) a strategic approach to personal participation in small groups; and
c) the ability to confidently make presentations.
– analysis of training needs
– development, administration and assessment of programs
– introduction to adult learning theories and practices
– preparation of learning objectives and entry standards
– characteristics of alternate training methods and media
– pros and cons of commercial packages and in-house design
– evaluation of program effectiveness
– career planning, counselling theory and techniques
– budgeting, planning, scheduling and coordinating
-monitoring, controlling, and following up on the learning