LEADING SERVICE QUALITY TRAINING
LEADING SERVICE QUALITY TRAINING: Achieve strategic goals and results through best practices. In this course, you’ll use a system to define quality initiatives based on the five key areas that senior leaders care about the most. Leverage these five areas to demonstrate the clear value of quality systems to organizational leaders.
You achieve strategic organization goals and results through quality best practices. You’ll learn how to communicate this relationship to senior leaders who are not immersed in the quality profession and take the concepts of ROI, management relations, and effective communication to the next level. Senior leaders evaluate concepts and determine priorities based on five key focus areas:1. Financial 2. Customer growth and retention 3. Operational efficiency 4. Leveraging of current/future technology 5. Employee engagement Use a system to define quality initiatives for review and approval by senior management, including defining the value proposition based on the five focus areas. Leverage the five areas to demonstrate clear value of quality systems and other best practices.
The value of quality to achieving strategic organization goals and results has been proven by many research studies and by the many organizations that have shown this value through their commitment and effective use of quality’s best practices.
Yet, senior leaders are not always thinking in the same terms or using the same language as those of us who immerse ourselves in the quality profession.
For external consultants, this course helps to drive the development and more effective proposal process for projects related to enhancing quality management systems.
- Address senior management using the five key focus areas when assessing the impact of a quality management system on strategic projects, processes, and initiatives: 1) financial, 2) customer growth and retention, 3) operational efficiency, 4) leveraging of current/future technology, and 5) employee engagement.
- Cover the “key aspects” for each of these five areas to ensure demonstrating clear value of quality systems elements and other best practices.
- Define and communicate quality’s value to the strategic challenges and core competencies of the organization.
- Use the tools and templates for converting the language and goals of quality into the language and goals of senior management. This includes preparing and presenting quality issues and solutions in the most compelling way to gain support and approval of advancing the role of quality in the organization.
BENEFIT OF LEADING SERVICE QUALITY TO INDIVIDUALS
- Employees develop skill sets that allow them undertake a greater variety of work.
- Improved ability to implement and realize specific goals outlined in a company’s business plan.
- Increased ability to respond effectively to change.
BENEFIT OF LEADING SERVICE QUALITY TO THE ORGANISATION
- Improved productivity and adherence to quality standards.
- Customer satisfaction
- Market share
- Company reputation and profile
- Common reasons why leadership sees — or does not see — the value of quality
- Research findings
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Hot points to hit
- Language to use
- Identifying an organization’s core competencies and strategic imperatives
- What are core competencies?
- Where to get the information internally
- Use of benchmarking to define strategic goals for quality
- Developing “importance” factors for the value proposition
- Introduction to the five focus areas for ROI
- Review of each focus area with a mini-case example
- ROI case application and small group exercises
- Calculating ROI & Net Present Value (NPV)
- Scenario 1: Case application to learn the proposed tools & templates
- Scenario 2: Assess the strengths and Opportunities for Improvement (OFIs) of the case presented
- Wrap up
- Summary of key points
- Setting personal goals to apply course
Quality managers, consultants, operations managers, Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belts, and ISO champions should attend this training.