LEADING PRODUCT INNOVATION TRAINING COURSE
LEADING PRODUCT INNOVATION TRAINING COURSE: Innovation Management is the system by which organizations can foster a culture that supports the methodical management of human capital, information, and knowledge to transform new ideas into successful products, processes and services. The pillars of innovation include the collective knowledge, experience and other attributes of organizations and their work force that allow them to convert ideas into viable processes, products, and services that bring economic value and increase their economic competitiveness in the knowledge economy.
This certificate program introduces participants to the elements and attributes of the innovation process as well as the key factors that allow organizations and their workforce to harness this process. It will show participants how this process can turn ideas into successful products, processes or services and add economic value to the organizations and society.
The program is designed to enable the participants to understand the tools, methods and techniques used in innovation management, and consists of three courses, each of which will include lectures by experienced instructors, review and discussions of case studies, and presentations by guest speakers, who have managed interesting and exciting innovation challenges.
To receive the Certificate of Completion, each participant is required to attend all three mandatory courses and attain a passing grade in each. This course covers the foundation topics in innovation management, providing the prerequisites for the next two courses in the program. Participants will learn about various dimensions and phases of the innovation process and explore its place in business and public organizations. The focus will be on the value generated by innovation and its implications in private business as well as in public institutions.
By the end of this course, you will:
1. Understand what Innovation Management is and how it relates to business strategy.
2. Understand how innovation drives economic competitiveness.
3. Understand how macroeconomic indicators play a role in shaping policy.
4. Gain familiarity with the role of organizational structures and strategies in innovation.
5. Understand the enablers and inhibitors of bringing out innovation and creativity of people.
6. Learn the fundamentals of change managements and its relevance to innovation.
7. Learn the fundamentals of intellectual property and its management.
8. Have a high-level overview of innovation in product development and in operations management.
BENEFIT OF LEADING PRODUCT INNOVATION TO INDIVIDUALS
- setting clear goal and objectives
- effective organisation and management of the process.
- effective interaction
- shared work
- communication within the team and with other teams.
BENEFIT OF LEADING INNOVATION TO THE ORGANISATION
1. vision and strategy which is a significant step in the process of institutionalizing innovation.
2. harnessing the competence base that involves organizational competence to manage and allocate resources appropriately in the required areas that is fundamental to ensure innovative output
3. organizational intelligence
4. creativity and idea management, by allowing untested, unrealized and divergent thinking and by accommodating radical idea capable of creating new businesses or transforming existing business strategy
1 Introduction and Innovation Management:
What is innovation?
Innovation Myths and Mantras
Models of Innovation
Centers of innovation (Ex: Universities)
2 The Social and Economic Dimensions of Innovation
International Innovation Indices
Innovation, Productivity and Economic Competitiveness
Productivity vs. Competitiveness
3 Innovation in Business Models
“Traditional” vs. Emerging Business Models
Examples for Innovative Business Models
Implementing Business Models
4 The Essentials of Product Innovation
Scale of Product Innovation
Product vs. Process Innovation
Examples of Disruptive Innovations
New Product Development Framework
5 The Essentials of Process Innovation
The Drivers of Process Innovation
Business Process Management
Business Process Mapping
Management of Change
Topic 6 Mid-Term Presentation/Exam
7 The Innovative Organization:
Structures and Systems
What Makes an Organization Innovative
Team dynamics / structures
Intellectual Property Management
8 Leadership in Innovation
Common Myths About Leadership
Characteristics of a Leader
Motivation, Performance, Reward Systems
Voice of the Customer
9 Managing Change
Innovation and Change
What is Change Management?
Factors in Change – CAP Model
Creating the Need for Change
10 Service Innovation
What is Service Innovation
Examples of Service Innovations
Closed vs. Open Innovation
Product or Service?
11 Innovation in Product Development
50,000 ft view of innovation in product development (Courses 2 and 3) Stages of Product Development
3P – People, Product, Process Examples
12 Team Presentation and Final Exam
IT HAS AIDED INCREASE IN MY PERSONAL PRODUCTIVITY.
ADEDIPE AKINBAYOFREEZEBURN NIG LTD
ATTENDING THE PROGRAM HAS LED TO A TREMENDOUS TRANSFARENCE OF KNOWLEDGE.
EXPOSED ME TO GREAT LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND A COUPLE OF OTHER SKILLS WHICH HAS AIDED MY DAY-TO-DAY CHORES AT WORK