ITIL Service Capability Planning, Protection
ITIL Service Capability Planning, Protection and Optimization: In this course, you will be immersed in the practical aspects of the ITIL service lifecycle and processes associated with the planning, protection, and optimization (PPO) of services and service delivery. You will focus on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and learn to execute these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable you to apply the practices throughout the service management lifecycle.
This course positions you to successfully complete the associated exam, which is offered on the last day of class Virtual students will receive a voucher for a webcam proctored exam which they can schedule at their convenience. Beginning on March 5th, 2018, students will receive their course materials through a link in their MyGK account. This is a BYOD course. Students can download their course materials and view them on a tablet/iPad or a PC/Mac.
The main process and function focus areas of this course include:
- Demand management
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- IT service continuity management (ITSM)
- Information security management (ISM)
- Service management as a practice and how the processes within PPO support the service lifecycle
- Role of PPO in service provision and how the in-scope processes interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Activities and methods used in each of the PPO processes
- Application of PPO processes and activities to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure PPO performance
- Importance of IT Security and how it supports PPO
- Technology and implementation requirements in support of PPO
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks related with PPO
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection, and Optimization