Document Control Overview
Document control program is a classroom course covering the best practises and the theory of the document control professional.This course also covers the process framework that can shortens the product development cycle, improves your quality, reduces the cost associated with unwanted change, and builds integrity into your systems. This informative program will give you the proven tools to do the job right.
Document And Record Control Course Objectives
This program aims to help delegates:
- an understanding of how to address document and record course in keeping with the requirements of the various management systems standards
- an awareness of different practices and processes and their pros and cons,
- the means to deploy an efficient and effective system for their organizations.
Upon completion of this program, delegates are able to:
• Understand how to apply the document and records control requirements and framework
• Develop or improve on their current practises
• Apply a practical system that works for their organization.
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT AND RECORD TRAINING TO INDIVIDUALS
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency in document management
- Adoption of proven processes, tools and techniques to better control risk
- Industry networking and career development
- Increases your level of being organized
- Helps you score a high rating for all information well documented and secured.
BENEFITS OF DOCUMENT AND RECORD TRAINING TO ORGANIZATIONS
- Improved decision making and better adherence to compliance requirements
- The reduced risk of delays, disputes and reworks
- Having highly skilled, qualified and motivated document controllers
- Guidelines for consistent document appearance, notation and circulation can be developed for the organization.
- Standards to maintain the integrity of the organization’s document control system can be easily created and made available for auditors when needed without stress.
This Training is both for:
- Beginners in Document and Record Control: this course gives a robust foundation for the profession, explains all the tasks and responsibilities, and contains numerous workshops and tutorials. You will acquire competencies that can be applied to day-to-day work.
- Experienced Document Controllers: Most Document Controllers learnt the discipline ‘on-the-job’. This course consolidates basics, formalises knowledge and deepens competences. It allows experienced Document Controllers to compare their experience with common / best practices.
- And for everyone, it’s a great opportunity to network and share experience with other Document professionals.
1. Introduction to Document Control
What is Document Control and the role of the Document Controller
2. The Basics of Document Control
Document control checks and gatekeeping
3. Document Identification
How to make sure that document are identifiable
Means of identification (numbering, metadata, document description, file naming…)
4. Document Classifying, Filing & Information Security
How to organise documents and manage information security
5. Documents Lifecycle
What is the lifecycle of technical documents? Document creation, modification, review cycle, comments, approval: How to manage documents at each step of their life
How to avoid misuse of obsolete documents
6. Document Distribution
How to ensure an efficient and relevant distribution of documents
7.A Project Configuration Management
Specifics of Project Configuration management ; Managing deliverables; Flow of project documents
Interactions with Client, Contractors, Sub-contractors, Suppliers, Vendors
Master Deliverable Register (MDR)
7.B Unit 7-B: As-Built and Final Documentation
Specifics of As-Built / Final Documentation
Document Controller tasks during As-Built phase
8. Configurationmanagement Procedures and Specifications
Why do we need procedures? Which subjects should be included in a configuration management Procedure?
9. Electronic Document Management Systems
Which software packages are used by Document Controllers? What are the functionalities of Document control Software Packages? How can it help Document Controllers?
10. Interactions with project teams, engineering teams, managers
How to support technical teams? How to manage work pressure? How to manage difficult situations?
This programme is suitable for all levels of personnel tasked to:
• Develop the document and/or record control process for their organization
• Maintain and improve the existing document and record control processes.
The delegate may be new to documentation control, or need to have a better understanding of the requirements and methodologies of document and record control.
One year access to 29 hours of e-learning content
8 industry case studies
20 industry-based scenario
6 hands-on projects
7 simulation test papers (200 questions each
24×7 learner assistance and support
VIRTUAL TRAINING CLASSES
- Everything in Online training, plus
- 90 days of flexible access to online classes
- Learn in an instructor-led online virtual training class
- One to one mentorship for doubt resolution
- Classes starting from:-
Customized learning delivery model (self-paced and/or instructor-led)
Flexible pricing options
Enterprise grade Learning Management System (LMS)
Enterprise dashboards for individuals and teams
24×7 learner assistance and support
It is a wonderful experience for me, from the receptionist, to the facilitators were really awesome. You come to JK Michaels and never leave the way you came because you are better equipped.
Adeniji VictoriaTOTAL PLC
It would make me to be a good document controller and a good configuration manager.
UGWUEGBU SUSANDIAMOND BANK
The instructor was very knowledgeable, the staff friendly and happy to assist at all levels and kept their professionalism throughout. Good work !
GBADEBO OYINKANNIGERIA LNG LTD/ ACCOUNTANT AND FINANCE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION
Excellent training sessions that offer practical insights to effective and efficient review of business operations.