Senior project managers, program managers, or program directors.
Developing and managing effective pmo course will equip delegates with the relevant knowledge and skills to establish, operate, and improve a project management office (PMO) and to work with PMO staff in a way that maximizes the value projects produce for your organization.
Developing and Managing Effective PMO Course Objectives
–What you will achieve
- Develop a mission for your PMO that meets corporate needs.
- Develop communication and staffing plans to make your PMO a success.
- Develop a workable plan to establish a Strategic PMO, or to improve your current PMO operations.
- The value and advantages a PMO can have for an organization
- Steps required to establish and implement a PMO in a way that is beneficial for the organization over time
- Trends of PMO value production and reasons for these trends
- Techniques to revitalize and improve the performance of an existing PMO that has fallen short of delivering the intended value for the organization
- Different views of the role of the PMO and how to define an applicable role based on the organizational environment
- Models and ways for the PMO to define success and produce value for all stakeholders
- Importance of periodic evaluations of projects, processes, and competency to provide an objective view of expectations and performance
JK Michaels offers other project management certifications and all the Project Management Institute Certifications.
What Type of PMO do we need?
The difference between strategic and tactical Project Management Offices.
Relating the PMO to Business Needs.
Determine what PMO functions are needed
to best support your projects and company organization Services and Business Needs.
How to define, staff and manage and effective Project Management Office to support what the business requires.
Making It Through the Start Up Phase.
How to establish and operate a Strategic Project Management Office in your organization.
Establish a PMO
The Steps to Establish a PMO
The PMO Charter
Barriers to Establishing a PMO
The PMO Value Proposition
Project Controls, Failure, and Recovery
Overview of Project Control
Project Health and Additional Control Measures
Project Recovery and Termination
Getting Buy. In The practices and procedures necessary to keep a Strategic
Project Management Office contributing value to the organization.
PMO sponsors, project sponsors, someone who has the mandate for a PMO or wants a PMO to exist, someone who runs the PMO, project managers who need to understand how they support and get support from the PMO, someone actively involved in operating or establishing a PMO
The quality of facilitation is excellent. The transfer of knowledge is pragmatic it will add value to any serious participant.
KOLAWOLE AJAYICOO ,PROFORCE LIMITED
It exposes you to the best practice in the industry which eventually leads to achieving business result/success.
EZIFE CHIMAOBIMENGINEER, SUN INTERNATIONAL
Definitely, Project Management provides overalls picture of what organizations should look at when embarking on a project/product launch