CISA Prep Course Training Overview
Get ready for the newly updated CISA exam with our top-quality preparation course.
CISA Prep Course Training, you’ll cover all five domains of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) exam and gain the knowledge and technical concepts required to obtain CISA certification. Since its inception in 1978, the CISA exam has become the gold standard of excellence in IS auditing, control, and security. Our experts have created a study guide of relevant, up-to-date information, including summary charts, insightful data, and practice exams. Along with our custom course material, you will receive a free copy of the CISA Review Manual 2013.
CISA Prep Course Training
The CISA exam is offered three times each year (June, September, and December), consists of 200 multiple-choice questions, and is focused on the five domains defined by ISACA.
What You’ll Learn
In-depth coverage of the five domains required to pass the CISA exam:
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems
- Governance and Management of IT
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation
- Information Systems Operations, Maintenance, and Support
- Protection of Information Assets
Systems administration experience, familiarity with TCP/IP, and an understanding of UNIX, Linux, and Windows. This advanced course also requires intermediate-level knowledge of the security concepts covered in our Security+ Prep Course
1. Testing-Taking Tips and Study Techniques
Preparation for the CISA Exam
Submitting Required Paperwork
Resources and Study Aids
Passing the Exam the First Time
2. The Audit Process
Standards and Guidelines
3. IT Governance
Roles and Responsibilities
4. Lifecycle Management
Business Application Development
Information Systems Maintenance Practices
5. System Infrastructure Control
Auditing Application Controls
Application System Development
Business Application Systems
6. Information Systems Hardware and Architecture
Information Systems Operations
Information Systems Hardware
7. Information Systems Used for IT Delivery and Support
WAN Technologies – X.25/Frame Relay/PPP/ISDN/DSL/Cable
8. Protection of Logical Assets
Roles and Responsibilities – RACI
Taxonomy – Information Classification
Policies, Procedures, Standards, Guidelines, Baselines
Knowledge Transfer – Awareness, Training, Education
9. Physical Security
Environmental Protection Practices
Policies and Procedures
10. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
BIA Roles and Teams
Data Backups, Vaulting, Journaling, Shadowing
11. Review and Q&A Session
Final Review and Test Prep
IS audit, control, assurance, and security professionals, including IT consultants, auditors, managers, security policy writers, privacy officers, information security officers, network administrators, security device administrators, and security engineers, who have five years of experience with audit, IT systems, and security of information systems.
What are the course objectives?
JK Michaels’s CISA course is aligned to ISACA and ensures that you ace the exam in your first attempt. Most jobs in this field either require or prefer that candidates have a CISA certification. The CISA training course will enhance your understanding of IS audit processes and also help you understand how to protect information systems.
What skills will you learn from this CISA course?
Upon completion of this CISA course, you will:
- Be able to identify and assess vulnerabilities and report on compliance and institutional controls.
- Gain a better understanding of IS audit and assurance guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Learn how to govern and control enterprise IT environments.
- Understand the acquisition, development, testing, and implementation of information systems.
- Develop working knowledge of the five domains of CISA, as prescribed by ISACA.
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required to pass the CISA certification exam by ISACA.
Who should take this CISA course?
CISA training course is essential for professionals dealing with controlling, monitoring, and assessing an organization’s information technology and business systems. This includes:
- IS/IT auditors/consultants
- IT compliance managers
- Chief Compliance Officers
- Chief risk & privacy officers
- Security heads/directors
- Security managers/architects
What types of jobs are ideal for CISA trained professionals?
Jobs that are ideal for CISA trained professionals include:
- Information security manager/consultant
- Technical consultant
- Operational risk manager
- Compliance managers
- Project manager
- Cloud security
- IT auditor
Why should I enroll in this CISA training course?
CISA has become one of the most sought-after certification programs in the world due to a growing demand for professionals possessing information systems audit, control, and security skills. CISA certification will give you these critical skills and provide with a competitive edge over your peers in the field of information security. This course will also help you prepare for the CISA certification exam.
What are the prerequisites for a CISA certification?
- Submit the complete application within five years from the date of initially passing the examination
- Get all the experience you’ve listed verified by your employers. The experience should have been gained within the 10-year period preceding the date of application, or within five years of passing the examination.
How long does it take to complete the CISA course?
How many attempts do I have to pass the CISA exam?
If I fail the CISA exam, how soon can I retake it?
CISA Exam Fee
CISA Exam Total Membership Cost
International Dues ($135) + Chapter Dues ($30) = Total US $165 (#60,225)
CISA Exam 2019 Exam Registration Fees and Dates:
Key Exam Registration Dates:
1 February-24 May 2019 Testing Window
|1 November 2018||Registration & Scheduling Opens|
|18 May 2019||Final Registration Deadline|
|23 May 2019||Final Scheduling Deadline|
1 June-23 September 2019 Testing Window
|1 March 2019||Registration and Scheduling Opens|
|18 September 2019||Final Registration Deadline|
1 October 2018-24 January 2019 Testing Window
|1 July 2019||Registration and Scheduling Opens|
|18 January 2019||Final Registration Deadline|
CISA 2019 Exam Registration Fees
|Registration fee||US $575
|US $760 (#281,400)|
|Fees calculated at #365 to a dollar, current rate will apply when paying. Processing fees are already inclusive.|
JK Michael’s customer relationship culture is outstanding. The facilitators wowed us as there was never a boring moment during sessions, the training immensely added to my management skills.
Olumuyiwa IsholaTotal Nig. Plc (IT)
JK Michaels is an institution that I rate so high due to the vast experience of their faculty. My money was well spent because it meets my objective of coming for the training.
Alade AdekunleManager, Ten A,
I have heard a lot about JK Michaels and their positive impact on participants. This was proved beyond my expectations when I came for Training.