CERTIFIED SCRUMMASTER CERTIFICATION TRAINING OVERVIEW
Certified ScrumMaster certification training helps you gain a high degree of proficiency in the processes of the Scrum Methodology. The training you receive from this workshop will help you deliver high performing, controlled projects with quality end results.This Certified ScrumMaster certification training course will give you a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum methodology while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a Scrum Master.
Certified ScrumMaster certification training (CSM) is the most recognized and leading agile education program available today. This training is focused on team leadership skills and competencies required to effectively guide agile teams, including facilitation, agile leadership, coaching and mentoring, organizational change, and more.
This workshop not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. Through an experiential and hands-on learning approach, this course provides foundational education in agile and Scrum, including its values, principles, and practices. This interactive learning approach will include a variety of exercises, activities, and discussions for attendees to learn how to apply Scrum in both software and non-software development scenarios.
Certified ScrumMaster Certification Training Course Objectives
What you will achieve
- Develop a shared understanding of why and how Scrum can benefit your team, project and organization.
- Describe how the Scrum framework compares to traditional phased-based methods and new flow-based methods.
- Identify when to use Scrum and how to apply Scrum in different types of projects.
- Discover why Scrum fails in some organizations and how to avoid those pitfalls.
- Learn facilitation techniques for Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, review, retrospective, and backlog grooming.
- Explore planning and coaching techniques to increase predictability and foster a growth mindset.
- Utilize Scrum artifacts including the product backlog, Sprint boards, and burn-down/up charts.
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Foundations
- Product Owner
- The Team
- Impact on Traditional Roles
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Charts
- Working with Multiple Scrum Teams
- Working with Distributed Scrum Teams
There are no prerequisites for attending the course itself. A degree of course completion from our Certified Scrum Trainer makes you eligible for Scrum Alliance’s Online CSM Test.
To gain the CSM certification, candidates must:
- Understand the concepts of Scrum
- Attend a two-day CSM course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer
- After completing your CSM course, you will receive an email from Scrum Alliance that includes a link to create your login credentials. You will use those credentials to gain access to the Online CSM Test.
- Take the online CSM test
- Score a minimum of 24 correct answers out of 35 questions to pass the CSM test
- On successfully passing the test, you will be asked to accept the License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
You will then receive the official designation of Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) from Scrum Alliance, along with a two-year membership with Scrum Alliance.
If you are already a Scrum Alliance Member, the CSM Test will be available through a link from your dashboard. Once the test is complete, you will be asked to accept a license agreement and your CSM badge will appear on your profile.
The CSM Test fee is included in your course fee; however, if you fail the test a second time, you will need to pay a $25 exam fee to Scrum Alliance before taking the exam a third time. Scrum Alliance recommends that anyone who fails three times, must re-take the CSM course before attempting the exam a fourth time.
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for all process and team-oriented leaders including, senior project team members, project managers, stakeholders, managers, product owners, and anyone who wants a deeper understanding in not only what agile and Scrum are, but more importantly why they work and how to effectively lead a Scrum team.