CERTIFIED SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER TRAINING OVERVIEW
Certified Scrum Product Owner training Certification from Scrum Alliance is a validation of your commitment to ongoing excellence in your Agile journey and makes you eligible to take on Product Owner responsibilities and lead successful projects.
The Product Owner is the key member of the Scrum Team and shoulders the responsibility of leading the project strategically, collaborating with customers and team on a daily basis, and managing the business value. JK Michaels’s certified scrum product owner training course prepares you for this comprehensive certification through in-depth lectures, extensive quiz sessions and practical lessons that will help you face on-the job challenges.
Our two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner training classes are delivered by Scrum Alliance Certified Trainers (CSTs) and combine classroom study, group discussions, and hands-on practice exercises. The program will provide you with a deep understanding of Scrum from the perspective of a Product Owner, enabling you to be an effective customer to the Scrum team and at the same time maximizing ROI.
CERTIFIED SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER TRAINING OBJECTIVES
- Enhance your skills as a Product owner
- Lead Agile teams and motivate your team members
- Facilitate smooth communication channels between stakeholders and team
- Increase Scrum functionality
- Create practical and efficient plans and schedules
- Reduce risk by pre-planning
- Improve ROI
- Ensure maximum delivery
- Understand the Scrum Flow, the core components of the Scrum framework, and the Scrum vocabulary
- Understand the principles/legs of empirical process control
- Understand the work culture Scrum creates
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the scope of the Product Owner, ScrumMaster and the team role in detail
- Understand why there is no project manager and no agile product manager
- Understand the importance of having the product vision as an overarching goal galvanizing the entire Scrum team
- Understand the desirable qualities of the vision and how it can be shaped
- Understand the importance of carrying out just enough prep work
- Understand the relationship between vision and product roadmap
- Understand the different estimation levels in Scrum
- Understand that the accuracy of an estimate is more important than the precision of the estimate
- Understand that estimates of size and duration can be done separately
- Understand the impact of pressuring team members to provide low estimates
- Understand the difference between estimating and committing
- Understand what the product backlog is, and what it is not
- Understand product backlog grooming
- Understand the importance and benefits of prioritizing the product backlog
- Understand the implications of saying everything is mandatory
- Understand who should have input into prioritization decisions
- Understand that proper prioritization of a product backlog is based on multiple factors
- Understand and know how to apply formal approaches to prioritizing (i.e. beyond just ‘gut feel’ or intuition)
- Understand how much latitude to give a team in adjusting the sequence of work
- Understand the goals and how tos of release planning
- Understand that planning is adaptive, iterative and collaborative
- Understand why quality is frozen and the concept of technical debt
- Understand why software should be released early and frequently
- Understand and measure velocity
- Understand release burndown charts
- Understand how a release plan can help predict the future.
- Understand the product owners role in Scrum meetings, and how the Product Owner and Team collaborate
- Understand why sprints are timeboxed and protected
- Understand the concept of sustainable pace
- Understand team commitment
Who should take this course?
Taking the Certified Scrum Product Owner training and obtaining the certification can be particularly useful for:
- Members of Scrum teams such as developers and product owners
- Managers of Scrum teams
- Teams transitioning to Scrum
- Professionals who want to pursue the Professional Scrum Master certification
What are the career benefits of this course?
This course, led by Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs), will help you to gain the following:
A thorough understanding of the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified Scrum Product Owner’s role from highly experienced certified Scrum professionals
- The ability to demonstrate your knowledge of core Scrum methodologies to employers and peers
- Expanded career opportunities as you remain relevant and marketable across various industry sectors
- Engagement with a community of Scrum experts
- The ability fulfill the role of a product owner on a Scrum team.
- Access to local groups, networks and resources available only to Scrum Alliance members
According to recent surveys by payscale.com, the median salary of a CSPO professional is $105,000 a year. The demand for CSPO professionals continues to increase and Fortune 500 companies are continually hiring CSPO professionals.