Certified international supply chain specialist course Overview
Certified international supply chain specialist course will equip delegates with understanding of the principles,techniques and innovative concepts of supply chain management in building competitive edge.
Today competition takes place between supply chains, and no longer at the inter-firm level. Enabled through information technology, supply chain management addresses the integrative approach of managing all activities related to products/services from the point of origin to the point of consumption. In the certified international supply chain specialist course,you will study basic methods of analysis in planning, organising and controlling supply chain operations, to ensure that the right product/service, in the right quantity, in the right condition, is delivered to the right customer at the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
This certified international supply chain specialist course covers the latest essential practices in forecasting, planning, procurement, transportation,risk management, warehousing and logistics. It also covers the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework for continuous performance improvement across the supply chain.
Certified International Supply Chain Specialist Course Methodology
This course leverages a variety of learning tools including individual exercises, group discussions, case studies and videos.
Certified International Supply Chain Specialist Course Objectives
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize trends and modern practices in supply chain and logistics management
- Practice forecasting and inventory optimization techniques
- Appraise item categories and formulate appropriate sourcing strategies
- Describe the role and objectives of transportation management in logistics
- Use value adding warehousing techniques
- Apply the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework for management of supply chain performance
Supply chain and logistics professionals, in particular those at the operational, supervisory and management level. In addition, this course is ideal for those seeking to complement their supply chain and logistics experience with the latest theoretical knowledge in preparation for assuming a higher position.
Certified International Supply Chain Specialist Course Target Competencies
- Supply chain management
- Forecasting and materials planning
- Reverse logistics
- Sustainable operations
- Modern supply chain and logistics trends
- Supply chain overview
- Role of logistics
- Sustainability in supply chains and logistics
- Supply chain configuration
- 3PL concepts
- 4PL concepts
- Materials forecasting and inventory planning
- Qualitative forecasting theories
- Forecasting panels
- Thought leaders
- Delphi technique
- Quantitative forecasting techniques
- Seasonal demand forecasting
- Moving average
- Weighted moving average
- Exponential smoothing
- Forecasting error
- Identifying bias
- Determining economic order quantities
- Determining reorder points
- Replenishment strategies
- Qualitative forecasting theories
- Procurement and go-to-market strategies
- Role of procurement
- Procurement process flows
- Sourcing strategies
- Vendor management
- Partnerships and alliances
- Role of transportation and shipping in logistics
- Definition of fleet management
- Objectives and costs of fleet management
- Transportation modes
- Optimized routing and cubing
- Incoterms for international commerce
- Role of warehousing in logistics
- Warehousing network design
- Configuration of warehousing space
- Value adding activities
- Stockpiling, spot stocking and assortments
- Cross docking, break bulking and consolidation
- Mixing, postponement and assembly-to-order
- Warehousing equipment and tools
- Reverse logistics
- Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework for performance management
- SCOR framework overview
- Identifying level 1, 2 and 3 SCOR metrics
- Customizing level 4 SCOR metrics
- Setting performance targets
- Continuous performance improvement
- Information technology in a supply chain
- Supply chain performance
- Innovative supply chain business models
- Supply chain risk management and sustainability
Welcome to GAFM Global Academy of Finance and Management ® Standards & Accreditation Council. Our Certification Body regulates the standards for credentialing and the accredited education criteria for qualified business programs that are a path to our prestigious certifications. The International Board of Standards awards designations and board certification in the finance, accounting, and management consulting areas.
Because our certifications and designation requirements are based on accredited criteria and earned degrees and exams from the best global degree programs, our standards are unmatched. Thus we confer designations which are based on accredited degree education and accredited program exams.
The GAFM was founded in 1996 by the original founders of the Graduate Leadership Society. The Founders of our Board are CEOs, Executives, Professors, and industry experts from around the globe. We desire to raise education standards and ethics in the business and management industries.
** Accreditation – Our Certification Standards Board is TUV Accredited and ISO 9001:2008 Certified for Quality and ISO 29990:2010 Certified for Educational Standards. Approved Sanctioned by the Arab Academy for over 20 Arab Nations.
- The GAFM is a Charter Member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education quality.
**Accreditation Agency Alliance – ** Accreditation Standards – In academic alliance with the ACBSP National Business Accreditation Agency for Certification Standards worldwide. The GAFM ® Board of Standards is a founding member of the quality assurance standards memorandum of the CHEA International Quality Group.
Our Standards Policy Board awards specialized board certifications, designations, and charters in the fields of: finance, accounting, management, and consulting fields to qualified professionals who have completed internationally recognized or accredited exams & education, government recognized degrees and documented management credentials and experience. See our list of Certifications
Since 1996, the Academy has been promoting accredited graduate standards for certification in business, management, law, and finance. Since our inception with the founding of the Graduate Institute of Leadership in 1996, the Academy has been focused on quality assurance with accredited education, exams, assessment, education, ethics, and continuing education. Further, applicants must also have the necessary experience in practice, research or publications in their respective areas of expertise.
JK Michaels is in partnership with Picadilly Brainiz USA,that is accredited by the Global academy in Finance and Management.Applicants will undergo a 150 multiple choice question in 3 hours,on the last day of the program .After attaining a passing Score of 60%,the delegate will be awarded Certified International Supply Chain Specialist.
Certified International Supply Chain Specialist
Certified International Supply Chain Specialist course by JK Michaels Training and Consulting are designed for those willing to challenge themselves and go the extra distance in the field of supply chain management. Participants who fully attend an Certified International Supply Chain Specialist course and successfully complete the examination on the last day, will attain the Certified International Supply Chain Specialist. Certified International Supply Chain Specialist and other GAFM certificates are internationally recognized and can be quite valuable when applying for logistics and supply chain roles within the organization or outside.