Certified Lead Document Control Analyst
Certified Lead document control analyst course aims at preparing Document Control professionals to manage and lead teams of Document Controllers, to manage,analyse and organise document control activities and tasks, to manage stakeholders, to communicate document control requirements and processes, and to run, implement,audit or improve Document Control management systems (procedures, tools, software, etc).
This course gives you the tools, methods and approach to make sure you can deliver on time, organise tasks, manage interfaces, and meet or exceed expectations of both your manager and your team.
Certified Document Control Analyst course is recommended if:
- You currently manage a team of Document Controllers:
- both if you are newly appointed or experienced
- You wish to progress your career in the Document Control area by leading teams in the future and would like to understand the role and tasks of a Lead Document Controller.
- If you are sometimes asked to produce a schedule, budget, or resource plan for Document Control tasks
The course also includes a certification examination for professionals to get their knowledge certified.
Certified Document Control Analyst Course Objectives
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Calculate workload and plan the team’s work; Be able to provide a structured plan for any Document Control task or project (scope, resources, planning, budget)
- Understand the steps required and methodology to implement or re-revamp a Document Control System
- Understand and manage the Lead Document Controller’s interfaces(managers, contractors, engineers, IT, etc.)
- Possess a method framework for day to day running of Document Control System and Team
- Manage a team of Document Controllers (‘human’ aspects, workload, performance, motivation, team objectives, communication
- Strong experience as a document controller and senior document controller
- Knowledge of document control principles, rules and practices
- Functional level in English language
- Recommended: Experience or Exposure to management of teams and planning of non-routine DC tasks and activities
Unit 1: Introduction & Role of the Lead Document Controller
Definition of Document Control
Differentiate the Roles
Definition of the Role of Lead Document Controller
Unit 2: Planning & Organising Document Control Tasks
Methodology for planning & organizing tasks
Workload & Resource Calculation
Planning & Tasks Allocation
Unit 3: Stakeholder Management, Gatekeeping & Communication
Unit 4: Implementation of Document Control Systems
Methodology of implementation
Assessment of requirements
Unit 5: Implementation of Document Control Rules
Documenting the Document Control System
Internal Procedures & Guidelines
Instructions to Contractors
Unit 6: Management of Document Control Team
Certification Examination (Last morning or afternoon of the course)
The course includes an individual 3-hour certification examination (optional, but included in the course fee).
- A Certificate of Attendance is issued to all participants who attended the course satisfactorily
- An Examination Pass Certificate is awarded to participants who obtain a pass mark at the Certification Examination
- The certification(CDCA) is offered by American Academy Of Project Management USA.