CERTIFIED COST PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
Certified Cost Professional training (CCP)is a certification granted by the America Association of Cost Engineering (AACE) to individuals who possess fundamental knowledge and expertise in cost and project controls.
A CCP is an experienced practitioner with advanced knowledge and technical expertise to apply the broad principles and best practices of Total Cost Management (TCM) in the planning, execution and management of any organizational project or program. CCPs also demonstrate the ability to research and communicate aspects of TCM principles and practices to all levels of project or program stakeholders, both internally and externally.
CERTIFIED COST PROFESSIONAL TRAINING OBJECTIVES
- Be familiar with “Skills and Knowledge of Cost Engineering”
- Learn comprehensive tools & techniques in Cost Estimating and Control
- Improve your project management skills: Effective Planning and Scheduling
- Manage uncertainty in your project through an effective Risk Management Plan
- Be familiar with Contract Management
- Gain an in-depth knowledge in Total Cost Management framework
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CERTIFIED COST PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
This course is intended for professionals in all business enterprises including but not limited to Project Managers, Finance Managers, Human Resource Personals, Accountant, Engineers, Planners, Cost Engineers, Cost Controlling Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF CERTIFIED COST PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
To qualify for the CCP you must have at least 8 full years of professional experience, of which up to 4 years may substituted by a college/university degree. Related degrees include: engineering, building construction, construction technology, business, economics, accounting, construction management, architecture, computer science, mathematics, etc.
Submit the application, work/education verification and fees by the due date posted on AACE International website. A minimum 2500 word technical paper must be submitted along with your application
- It is the certificant’s responsibility to ensure recertification fees are paid and applications are submitted on time, including all required documentation
- All certifications not renewed by the expiration date will result in an expired status immediately, unless other arrangements have been made and approved by AACE Certification Staff
- If you hold more than one AACE Certification;
- For Re-examination: You must re-examine for each certification your wish to maintain prior to the expiration date.
- For Credit Plan: You may submit one recertification by professional credit plan application with 15 CEUs. The application and credits are applied to all active certifications, pending approval. Please review the Recertification Handbook & Application Example for a detailed description of each category and acceptable activity to ensure you can meet the criteria prior to submission.
The Computer Based Test is a (120 – Multiple Choice Questions) 5 hour continuous four part closed book exam. However, formula guides were developed to assist in calculating specific questions and available onscreen, when, and if, needed. Candidates are also permitted to bring any style of calculator, including programmable calculators, to use during the exam.
- Part I – Supporting Skills & Knowledge
- Part II – Economic Analysis
- Part III – Project Management
- Part IV – Cost Estimating and Control
CBT exams are conducted by http://www.kryteriononline.com/ around the year. Check your testing center location and working hours at this website.
To schedule you’re CBT, logon to this website http://www.webassessor.com/aace
Professional Level Examination Investment
While AACE membership is not required for certification, members receive the benefit of reduced examination fees.
- US$500 for members
- US$625 for non-members
- US$250 resit fee (member and non-members)
All fees are due upon submission of an application and are non-refundable. The fee includes our eligibility documentation review and computer based testing (CBT) fee.
THE PROGRAM IS VERY EDUCATIVE, INFORMATIVE AND WELL EQUIPPED WITH A VERY CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT AND VERSATILE FACILITATORS.
EJORH EBERECHUKWU COLLINS
JK MICHAELS IS REALLY A LEADING TRAINING PROVIDER AND I WILL ALSO RECOMMEND AND DO MORE TRAININGS IN FUTURE. THE TRAININGS ARE NOTHING BUT EXCELLENT.
JK MICHAELS PROGRAM IS VERY INFORMATIVE AND INTERACTIVE. I RECOMMEND THEM FOR EVERY SERIOUS PERSON BECAUSE GOOD KNOWLEDGE IS IMPARTED.
I AM CONFIDENT THAT GOING FORWARD, I SHALL BE ABLE TO DO PROJECT ESTIMATION AND APPLY EVM IN PROJECT CONTROL
OBOLI CHARLES CHUKWUEMEKA
JK MICHAELS IS VERY INFORMATIVE AND RICH IN KNOWLEDGE,PRACTICAL,ANALYTICAL AND IMPACTFUL. THE FACILITATORS ARE SOUND AND WELL EQUIPPED.