CERTIFIED COMPLIANCE OFFICER COURSE OVERVIEW
Certified Compliance Officer Course is a management programme designed to teach a practical understanding of regulatory compliance needs. The programme covers eight major subject areas and utilises a variety of training techniques. The key areas of the curriculum include understanding the regulatory environment, who is responsible for compliance, the role of corporate governance and ethics in compliance programmes, and the implementation of compliance programmes. The emphasis will be on practical and pragmatic approaches, rather than theoretical.
Certified Compliance Officer Course Objectives
The goal of this course is to provide Compliance Officers and Managers with skills that can be immediately used upon return to the organisation. You will learn to appreciate the extent to which organisations and their public officers are exposed to the ever-increasing regulatory environment, how to identify the compliance issues that have the most significance for you and how to introduce a compliance management programme within your organisation.
After Attending This Five Day Certified Compliance Officer Course Executive Programme, You Will Be Able To:
- Define the meaning of compliance for your organisation and be capable of developing an organisational response to its demands
- Know what drives your compliance exposure both at home and abroad
- Understand the risk consequences of non-compliance
- Appreciate the relationship between corporate governance and compliance, including the market expectation of that relationship
- Understand the implications of Sarbanes Oxley for corporate accountability and ethical behavior
- Understand how to produce a corporate compliance programme tailored to your own organisation
- Learn how to optimise organisational structure for compliance
Why Certified Compliance Officer Course Executive Programme?
Creating a culture of compliance is an important risk management strategy. Recent corporate collapses have heavily focused on the need for good corporate governance and an effective compliance programme is an integral part of this structure.
In addition to this, on satisfactory completion of the programme you will receive certification from the internationally recognised financial association, the Global Academy of Financial & Management. Founded in America, the GAFM has members now in over 100 countries and as such this course brings with it the experience of credit professionals in the US, EU, Australia and other dynamic financial markets. This certification will entitle you to use the formal designation Certified Compliance Officer (CCO) on your resume© and business cards.
This intensive certified compliance officer course will provide a blueprint for compliance professionals to follow to ensure that the risk profile of your organisation is limited by a thorough understanding of your regulatory environment.
Why Compliance Management?
In many financial markets, a formal compliance management system is not only recommended, but required by the regulatory community and by good corporate governance principles. Since recent news of financial misreporting by firms like Enron, Worldcom, Xerox, etc, the pressure on corporations to more transparently manage their compliance exposures is mounting.
While some may observe that such regulatory requirements have not yet made their way to the Middle-East, it is clear that Middle-East enterprises operating globally must adhere to such guidelines. This programme also represents an unrivalled opportunity for regional organisations to prepare themselves for the arrival of more rigorous regulatory environments.
On Successful Completion Of This Certified Compliance Officer Course And Registration With GAFM You Will:
Earn the right to use the post-nominal designation CCO, on your business card and resume©
Receive a 2-year membership to the GAFM professional body
Gain access to the GAFM risk management network and body of information online
Share in the experience of a leading risk expert from the Global Academy Of Financial & Management
Enjoy preferred access to education centres in USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Latin America
Receive access to the GAFM international journal published online
Earn a gold embossed CCO, Certificate with your name and designation as a MGAFM (Member of the Global Academy of Financial Management)
Be able to show that you have completed graduate level financial and risk management education and that you have substantial experience in risk assessment and management on a regional and global level
Introduction To Compliance
- What is corporate compliance?
- Who is responsible for managing it?
- What are the benefits of its introduction?
- Fostering a culture of accountability
The Regulatory Environment And The Role Of Regulators
- Regulatory drivers
- A variety of legal obligations and due diligence
The Regulatory Environment And The Role Of Regulators Continued
- International responses to the problems of money laundering,economic crime, cyber-sabotage and terrorism
- Non-compliance and its ramifications
Compliance And The Role Of Corporate Governance
- What is governance?
- The corporate constitution and governance structures
- Duties and responsibilities of directors
- Protection of stakeholder interests
Compliance And Business Ethics
- What is ethics?
- Ethics and corporate accountability: Sarbanes-Oxley
- Benefits of a commitment to sound business ethics
- Corporate ethics guidelines
Developing A Corporate Compliance Programme
- Code of conduct
- Policies and procedures
Developing A Corporate Compliance Programme Continued
- Best practice principles
- Monitoring and auditing
Implementation Of Corporate Compliance
Case studies will be used to demonstrate how organisations haveÂ implemented compliance programmes.
The Corporate Compliance Function
- The location of the compliance function
- Integration or independence of the compliance function
- An optimal compliance architecture
- The Compliance Officer
Issues In Compliance
- The demand for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Fraud and corruption control
- International money laundering
- Whistleblower programmes and the law
Who should attend?
This highly practical course has been specifically designed for:
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Company Secretaries
- Compliance Professionals
- Risk Managers
- Legal Advisers and Lawyers
- In-House Corporate Counsel
- Auditors and Audit Managers
- Compliance Officers and Managers
Plus anyone who is responsible for compliance affairs or regulatory relationships