IIBA Endorsed Course
CBAP Training Key Features:4-Day CBAP Boot Camp
With the purchase of any CBAP training course, you will receive:
- Instructor-led course
- Satisfied 40 contact hours required by IIBA®
- 100% money-back pass guarantee
- Guaranteed to run on dates listed
- CBAP Certification Training Course Binder
- CBAP Certification Study Guide
- Aligned to BABOK® Guide Version 3
- 11 case studies and 11 end-of-chapter quizzes
- BABOK® Study Tables
- CBAP training aids (study sheets and exam tips)
- Over 2000 CBAP exam prep sample questions
- Access to additional web-based video lectures
CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP/CCBA) course addresses the fundamental principles of business analysis and the tools & techniques at the disposal of business analysts to help projects achieve their goals. It provides an understanding of the roles of the business analyst, skills and competencies used by the business analystand demonstrates techniques to plan, manage, analyze, document and communicate requirements at all levels. This Comprehensive Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP/CCBA) Program is aligned with the industry standard Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® Guide (BABOK®), published by the worldwide International Institute of Business Analysis ® (IIBA®). This program also reflects best business analysis practices in the different business domains.If you like to compare between CBAP vs PMI PBA.
JK Michaels is an Endorsed Educational Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis
Why is Business Analysis Critical in Today’s World? Did you know that…
- Only 16.2% of IT projects complete on time and within budget,
- 52.7% of projects overrun their budget > 189%,
- 31.1% of projects were cancelled before they were
- Over 56% of defects within a project occurs in identifying, analyzing,
- modeling, documenting, validating and
- verifying requirements,
- 90% of BA skills are acquired on the job
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THE CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL (CBAP/CCBA) COURSE
- Benefits of the CBAP and CCBA designations, what they can do for your organization, and how to demonstrate their value to current and future employers
- Career impact and short- and long-term benefits of attaining CBAP and CCBA certification
- Requirements for both certifications and how to make progress toward completing them, regardless of your current status
- Useful tools for documenting applicable experience and education
- Numerous insider tips for succeeding in the application process
- How the exams are constructed, what they cover, and important exam practices to keep in mind
- Increase your comfort in the exam environment through drills and practice exams
- Underlying structure of the BABOK® Guide and tips for remembering it
- Develop a practical plan for exam preparation that is customized to your needs
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL (CBAP/CCBA)
- Competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
- Participation in a recognized professional group.
- Recognition of professional competence by professional peers and management.
- Advanced career potential due to recognition as a professional business analysis practitioner.
- Personal satisfaction of accomplishing a milestone in their BA careers.
- Certification can improve overall performance, remove uncertainty and widen market opportunities.
- The process of achieving and maintaining certification helps ensure you are continually improving and refining your activities.
- Potentially higher income for being formally recognized as an experienced BA professional. For more details, view this recent salary survey.
- Recognizes individuals who have invested in their BA careers and encourages them to keep doing so.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL TO ORGANIZATION
- Provides professional development, advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-standard business analysis practices.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- The regular assessment process will improve staff responsibility, commitment and motivation.
- Establishment and implementation of business analysis practices as outlined in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Guide by individuals recognized as being knowledgeable and skilled.
- More reliable, higher quality results produced with increased efficiency and consistency by BA professionals who use industry standard BA techniques.
- Identification of professional business analysts to clients and business partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of business analysis, increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project
CBAP exam eligibility requirements CBAP exam structure
Introduction to Business Analysis
What is BABOK?
What is Business Analysis?
Key Concepts Knowledge Areas, Tasks, Techniques
Underlying Competencies Other Sources of BA Information
Business Analysis Key Concepts
Business Analysis Core Concepts Model
BABOK key Terms
Classification of requirement schema
Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
Plan Business Analysis Approach
Plan Stakeholders Engagement
Plan Business Analysis Governance
Plan Business Analysis Information Management
Identify Business Analysis performance Improvement
Prepare for Elicitation
Conduct Elicitation Activity
Confirm Elicitation Result
Communicate Business Analysis Information
Manage stakeholder Collaboration
Requirements Life Cycle Management
Assess Requirements Changes
Analyze Current State
Define Future State
Define Change Strategy
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
Specify & Model Requirements
Define requirement architecture
Define Design Options
Analyze Potential Value and Recommend Solution
Measure Solution Performance
Analyze Performance Measures
Assess Solution Limitation
Assess Enterprise Limitations
Recommend Actions to increase Solution Value
Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
Review of 50 Techniques’ purpose, elements, advantages and disadvantages
The Agile Perspectives
The business Intelligence Perspectives
The Information Technology Perspectives
The business Architecture Perspectives
The Business Process Management Perspectives
CBAP Practice Questions & Wrap Up
Exam Strategies Course Feedback Survey
Those with business analysis experience who wish to become CBAP or CCBA certified Intermediate- to advanced-level business analysts
Business systems analysts
Project managers or team leaders
Systems architects or designers
Researchers in government,
business and academia,
professionals in marketing,
Management consultants and decision makers.
What is the job of a business analyst?
In an ever-increasingly, complex business world, senior leaders are looking to their business analysis resources to provide timely solutions, value and insights to help guide their decision-making. Business analyst’s job is understanding the core need of the client, and working with the development team to fulfill that need.
What is Business Analysis?
Business analysis is the evolving discipline that deals with identifying your business needs. It includes expressing these needs as business requirements, processes and rules that the business community and information professionals both interpret the same way. Business requirements serve as the basis for development, testing, deployment, and use of your future information systems. They are the starting point for lifecycle management and business driven development. In a nutshell, these are the critical success factors for delivering information technology that the business community needs and wants.
What is the CBAP® Certification Examination?
The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), has created the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®), a designation awarded to candidates who have successfully demonstrated their expertise in this field. The Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) designation is awarded to business analysis practitioners with at least five years of experience, and who have pass a comprehensive examination, based on the IIBA® Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®(BABOK®) that is designed to objectively assess and measure business analysis knowledge and experience.
What are the education or work experience requirements needed?
To be eligible for CBAP® Certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- 7500 hours of Business Analysis experience in the past 10 years
- 900+ hours in at least 4 of the 6 core BABOK® Knowledge Areas
- College Degree
- Professional Development of 21 Hours in past 4 Years
- Two references from a career manager, client, or a Certified business analysis professional
How do I sign up for the exam?
The exam is the final requirement for CBAP® Certification and anyone desiring to take the exam must first apply for certification and pass the initial screening process. Once the IIBA® determines your qualifications to sit for the exam, you must apply with the official testing agency to schedule a date for a CBT (computer-based testing) exam. You will receive an email with instructions once your application is approved. Visitwww.TheIIBA.org for the complete process.
Where can we access a formal class to prepare for the exam?
JK Michaels has the CBAP training scheduled throughout the year, We also offers fundamentals of business analysis. We offer these classes on site and online.
The IIBA® does not provide any formal training.
How long does it take to get approved to take the exam once you complete the application?
Within two weeks of receiving your application package IIBA® will notify you that your application is being processed. The IIBA® will then assess the application for completeness and fulfillment of the certification requirements. The IIBA® will notify you, via email, of the results of this assessment within 21 days of receiving the application.
Which body awards this certificate?
The Business Analysis certification is awarded by the International Institute for Business Analysis (IIBA) in Canada. The certificates are globally recognized.
What is the best way to demonstrate that I meet the experience hours requirement?
You need 3,750 or 7,500 hours spent on business activities for levels 2 and 3, and not just working hours. IIBA has online applications to complete with project information. The form asks for information such as project name, start/end date, your role, project organization and contact, and project hours spent doing business analysis tasks as well as describing the tasks and your deliverables. The IIBA audits a certain number of applications, so the hours you list should be as accurate as possible.
Why do the hours of work experience required have to be in the last 7-10 years?
IIBA wants to make sure that your work experience is ongoing and current, which is why the work experience is required within the last 7 to 10 years.
How do i sign up for the exam?How much does it last
Certification requires a two-step process.
- First, you must submit your application with the application fee (non-refundable) and pass the initial screening process for the CBAP® exams.
- Once the IIBA® assesses your qualifications for the exam, you should schedule a date for the exam with the official testing agency. You will receive an email with the instructions once your reservation is approved. You can visit https://www.iiba.org/certification/core-business-analysis-certifications/CBAP/ or the complete process.
Exam fee structure:
- The application fee is $125 and is non-refundable (i.e. regardless of whether your application is approved or declined).
- The exam fee is $325 for IIBA® members and $450 for non-members.
Where can i take the classes to prepare for exam?Does IIBA offer classes
JK Michaels offers CBAP® Exam Prep classes Every month throughout the year. We offer classroom training,online self-learning courses and online Virtual classroom training. The IIBA® does not provide any classes or training.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS TRAINING HANDS-ON EXERCISES
- Identify Business Analysis Concepts and Activities in Your Organization
- Review a Vision and Scope Document
- Plan Requirements Activities for a Project
- Conduct an Interview
- Choose Elicitation Techniques
- Analyze a Location Model
- Analyze a Workflow Model (Current and Future State workflow)
- Analyze a Use Case Model
- Analyze a CRUD Matrix
- Writing a Business Case
- Identify Models that Answer Key Questions
- Review a Requirements Document
- Determine the Impact of a Proposed Change to a Requirements Set
- Write a Test Case Using a Use Case
- Test Cases Plan/strategy /
- Business Process Modeling
- Data Modeling
- Strategic Analysis
- Documenting Current and Future State workflow
- Develop a Personal Action Plan to Improve Your BA Skills or Environment
ONLINE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
- 90 days of flexible access to online classes
- One year access to high-quality self-paced e-learning content and live class recordings
- 24×7 learner assistance and support
- Classes starting from:-
Customized to your team’s needs
- Classroom and Blended learning delivery model (self-paced eLearning and/or instructor-led options)
- Flexible pricing options
- Enterprise grade Learning Management System (LMS)
- Enterprise dashboards for individuals and teams
- 24×7 learner assistance and support
Great Wealth of Experience and knowledge dept of the course by the facilitators.
Owobrode Gbenga.System Specialist. Estisalat.
It is good to know that there is a place like this ,I will let others know of it, you are really doing an excellent job well done.
UGOJI CHINATU CTETRA PETROLEUM OIL FIELD SERVICE NIG LTD/ACCOUNTANT
I would really recommend this program to any one because it is impactful, practical, insightful, and delivery is good.
Adedokun Adetokunbo.Quality Assurance Specialist. Globacom.
The program highlighted the roles of a business analyst and the tools needed to carry out these roles. These tools can also be used in day to day living to solve even personal problems.
Olukayode OjoNigeria Stock Exchange
My orientation have change about how to analyze and set report
Muyiwa MatilukoroWakanow.com Ltd
Yes. My change request methodologies would now be improved to deliver better values..
Bosah IfeanyiTotal E & P Nig CPFA
I HAVE GOTTEN A BROADER VIEW OF BUSINESS ANALYSIS BETTER THAN THE B.SC EXPOSURE