IIBA Endorsed Course
CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP/CCBA) course addresses the fundamental principles of business analysis and the tools & techniques at the disposal of business analysts to help projects achieve their goals. It provides an understanding of the roles of the business analyst, skills and competencies used by the business analystand demonstrates techniques to plan, manage, analyze, document and communicate requirements at all levels. This Comprehensive Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP/CCBA) Program is aligned with the industry standard Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® Guide (BABOK®), published by the worldwide International Institute of Business Analysis ® (IIBA®). This program also reflects best business analysis practices in the different business domains.
Why is Business Analysis Critical in Today’s World? Did you know that…
- Only 16.2% of IT projects complete on time and within budget,
- 52.7% of projects overrun their budget > 189%,
- 31.1% of projects were cancelled before they were
- Over 56% of defects within a project occurs in identifying, analyzing,
- modeling, documenting, validating and
- verifying requirements,
- 90% of BA skills are acquired on the job
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THE CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL (CBAP/CCBA) COURSE
- Benefits of the CBAP and CCBA designations, what they can do for your organization, and how to demonstrate their value to current and future employers
- Career impact and short- and long-term benefits of attaining CBAP and CCBA certification
- Requirements for both certifications and how to make progress toward completing them, regardless of your current status
- Useful tools for documenting applicable experience and education
- Numerous insider tips for succeeding in the application process
- How the exams are constructed, what they cover, and important exam practices to keep in mind
- Increase your comfort in the exam environment through drills and practice exams
- Underlying structure of the BABOK® Guide and tips for remembering it
- Develop a practical plan for exam preparation that is customized to your needs
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL (CBAP/CCBA)
- Competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
- Participation in a recognized professional group.
- Recognition of professional competence by professional peers and management.
- Advanced career potential due to recognition as a professional business analysis practitioner.
- Personal satisfaction of accomplishing a milestone in their BA careers.
- Certification can improve overall performance, remove uncertainty and widen market opportunities.
- The process of achieving and maintaining certification helps ensure you are continually improving and refining your activities.
- Potentially higher income for being formally recognized as an experienced BA professional. For more details, view this recent salary survey.
- Recognizes individuals who have invested in their BA careers and encourages them to keep doing so.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFIED BUSINESS ANALYSIS PROFESSIONAL TO ORGANIZATION
- Provides professional development, advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-standard business analysis practices.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- The regular assessment process will improve staff responsibility, commitment and motivation.
- Establishment and implementation of business analysis practices as outlined in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Guide by individuals recognized as being knowledgeable and skilled.
- More reliable, higher quality results produced with increased efficiency and consistency by BA professionals who use industry standard BA techniques.
- Identification of professional business analysts to clients and business partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of business analysis, increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project
CBAP exam eligibility requirements CBAP exam structure
Introduction to Business Analysis
What is BABOK?
What is Business Analysis?
Key Concepts Knowledge Areas, Tasks, Techniques
Underlying Competencies Other Sources of BA Information
Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
Plan Business Analysis Approach
Conduct Stakeholder Analysis
Plan Business Analysis Activities
Plan Business Analysis Communication
Plan Requirements Management Process
Manage Business Analysis Performance
Prepare for Elicitation
Conduct Elicitation Activity
Document Elicitation Results
Confirm Elicitation Results
Requirements Management & Communication
Manage Solution Scope & Requirements
Manage Requirements Traceability
Maintain Requirements for Re-Use
Prepare Requirements Package
Define Business Need
Assess Capability Gaps
Determine Solution Approach
Define Solution Scope
Define Business Case
Specify & Model Requirements
Define Assumptions & Constraints
Solution Assessment & Validation
Assess Proposed Solution
Assess Organizational Readiness
Define Transition Requirements
Evaluate Solution Performance
Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
Review of 34 Techniques’ purpose, elements, advantages and disadvantages
CBAP Practice Questions & Wrap Up
Exam Strategies Course Feedback Survey
Those with business analysis experience who wish to become CBAP or CCBA certified Intermediate- to advanced-level business analysts
Business systems analysts
Project managers or team leaders
Systems architects or designers
Researchers in government,
business and academia,
professionals in marketing,
Management consultants and decision makers.
Great Wealth of Experience and knowledge dept of the course by the facilitators.
Owobrode Gbenga.System Specialist. Estisalat.
It is good to know that there is a place like this ,I will let others know of it, you are really doing an excellent job well done.
UGOJI CHINATU CTETRA PETROLEUM OIL FIELD SERVICE NIG LTD/ACCOUNTANT
I would really recommend this program to any one because it is impactful, practical, insightful, and delivery is good.