Certificate in Strategic Procurement Management Overview
Certificate in strategic procurement management course introduces the fields of purchasing and materials management. It explores its central concepts, and interfaces this to the other areas of a company, and the changing roles within a business. This course provides opportunities to examine issues such as: supplier selection process, supplier relations, supplier management, and strategic issues.
Procurement plays a critical role in supply chain operations. As supply chains become more globalised, procurement has evolved from a buying activity to a strategic business operation. Progressive organisations leverage their procurement and sourcing processes to gain competitive advantages. This course examines how firms set their procurement strategies – how they plan and execute their purchasing and sourcing activities to support corporate goals and business objectives. Issues relating to supplier evaluation, selection and measurement will be discussed. Case studies of world class purchasing organisations will be employed to examine the relative merits and limitations of an assortment of tools, techniques and approaches for managing the procurement process within the context of global supply chain operations.
The IoSCM Purchasing qualification is available to anyone looking to establish their career in the supply chain field as well as those who have already gained substantial experience in the industry.
Whether you are looking to develop key knowledge in business and leadership, purchasing processes or operational management skills, this qualification will ensure students can identify important external factors and adapt their strategy accordingly to the purchasing cycle and organisational context.
All IoSCM qualifications are recognised and approved by the highest UK government educational bodies and delivered in line with UK standards for quality and excellence.
Certificate in Strategic Procurement Management Course Objectives
This course contributes to the development of the following capabilities, which you will acquire:
- Knowledge-specific capabilities: these include concepts, principles, theories, methods and contemporary practices endemic to the procurement and supply chain profession.
- The ability to contextualise and apply these knowledge capabilities in different situations is emphasised
- Generic business and management skills: the focus is to develop capabilities in project and change management to prepare you to meet the routine challenges of the evolving business environment, in particular circumstances that have a direct impact on the procurement
- Socially aware and responsible practice capabilities: the focus is to develop your ability to engage with business activities in socially responsible and ethical manner
Purchasing in context
Sources of law
The purchasing cycle
The concept of supply chain management
Risks in supply chain
Lean supply chains
Importance of supply chain management
Supply chain linkages
Improving stock control
Stock level planning techniques
The following learning outcomes are developed on the basis of capability requirements for this course:
1. Understand the organisational procurement life cycle- process, practices, risks mitigation and managing change.
2. Understand and able to administer global sourcing
3. Understand and have ability to maintain relationships with suppliers
4. Understand the demand management in integrated supply chain
5. Manage time and apply professional practices in the areas of applied analysis, creative thinking, and communication
6. Administer the supplier selection and negotiation process
7. Apply research practices and research based knowledge