BUSINESS NETWORKING AND ETIQUETTE TRAINING
Business networking and etiquette training equip delegates to achieve success in any industry by developing excellent relationships with co-workers, clients, suppliers or investors. When you are polite and considerate in dealing with others, you’re more likely to create engaging, productive and long-term business relationships. This is why a knowledge of business etiquette is vital. This business networking and etiquette training workshop will introduce participants to the principles of building and maintaining professional relationships, as well as providing practical guidance for typical workplace situations.Understand the concepts of business etiquette and learn how to apply business etiquette rules in a wide variety of typical business situations.
Business Networking and Etiquette Training Course Objectives
After completing this business networking and etiquette training course, students will know how to:
- Create a professional image, follow cubicle and office etiquette, and maintain positive office relationships.
- Use the Internet appropriately when at work and handle ethical dilemmas and personal issues in the workplace.
- Introduce people properly, be a good conversationalist, and follow proper etiquette in meetings.
- Display courtesy on the telephone, in voice mails, and in written communications.- Follow proper etiquette at business functions and dinners, and identify formal table settings for business dining.
- Be a courteous traveler and prepare for international business trips.
- give participant the knowledge they need to research existing and potential connections
- explain how to ask for referrals
- review networking etiquette
BENEFIT OF BUSINESS NETWORKING AND ETIQUETTE TRAINING
By the end of this business networking and etiquette training course you will be able to:
- Define etiquette and understand how it is valuable to companies and other organizations.
- Understand how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the ‘Three Cs’ of a good impression.
- Implement techniques to minimize nervousness in social situations.
- Use a business card effectively.
- Apply strategies for remembering names.
- Identify the three steps in giving a handshake.
- Be familiar with the four levels of conversation and use them appropriately.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette, and basic table manners.
- Benefit of networking and how you can leverage who and what you know to make connections
1 – Office protocol
- Office etiquette
- Understanding business etiquette
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Cubicle and office etiquette
- Practicing cubicle etiquette
- Practicing office etiquette
- Office relationships
- Developing positive relationships with co-workers
- Avoiding rumors and gossip
- Developing relationships with superiors and staff
2 – Professional conduct
- Appropriate use of the Internet
- Accessing the Internet
- Ethical dilemmas
- Handling ethical dilemmas
- Maintaining loyalty and confidentiality
- Personal issues in the workplace
- Handling personal issues in the workplace
3 – Communicating in the workplace
- Introducing people
- Following etiquette while being introduced
- Making conversation
- Etiquette in meetings
- Understanding meeting protocol
- Conducting yourself properly in meetings
4 – Etiquette in communication
- Telephone courtesy
- Applying telephone courtesy
- Using voice mails and speakerphones
- E-mail etiquette
- Using subject lines and e-mail signatures
- Composing the body of e-mail messages
- Writing guidelines
- Formatting a business letter
- Writing memos and informal letters
5 – Business functions
- Attending business functions
- Identifying types of business functions
- Following etiquette at business functions
- Business dining
- Identifying table settings at formal dinners
- Following etiquette for business dining
- Handling utensils and napkins
- Applying basic rules of dining etiquette
6 – Traveling for business
- The courteous traveler
- Being a courteous traveler
- Being courteous on an airplane, on a train, or in a car
- Following the rules of etiquette at hotels
- International travel
- Understanding cultural orientation
- Showing respect to your hosts
This course will benefit anyone wishing to build strong business relationships with clients and colleagues.
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE ITS RELEVANCE BOTH IN MY WORK AND PERSONAL LIFE
IT HAS AIDED INCREASE IN MY PERSONAL PRODUCTIVITY.
ADEDIPE AKINBAYOFREEZEBURN NIG LTD
ATTENDING THE PROGRAM HAS LED TO A TREMENDOUS TRANSFARENCE OF KNOWLEDGE.
EXPOSED ME TO GREAT LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND A COUPLE OF OTHER SKILLS WHICH HAS AIDED MY DAY-TO-DAY CHORES AT WORK