Basic primavera P6 will equip delegates with a thorough background in the concepts of planning and scheduling while learning P6. This three-day course leads you through nine hands-on workshops that create and track an entire project to completion, using the three basic elements of project management: schedule, resources, and costs. Scheduling techniques will be covered.Participants will create a project, add activities and relationships, assign resources, adjust the project plan to account for schedule delays and over allocated resources, and analyze portfolios. Participants will also learn how to customize the personal workspace and the project workspace to monitor project progress and communicate with team members. Oracle BI and BPM are not covered in this course. The course uses P6, Primavera Web-based project management tool. It is divided into four sections: Overview and Creating a Project; Scheduling the Project and Managing Data; Assigning Resources and Baselining; and Project Execution and Control.
Basic Primavera P6 Learning Outcomes:
• Create a project
• Add activities
• Create relationships
• Assign and analyze resources
• Analyze project performance
• Execute and control the project
• Customize dashboards and the project workspace
• View reports
Prerequisite:A working knowledge of Windows™
Basic Primavera P6 Course Objectives:
• Create a project
• Create a Work Breakdown Structure
• Add Activities
• Customize activity views
• Create Relationships
• Schedule the project
• Assign constraints
• View the Enterprise Project Structure
• Optimize the project schedule
• Assign roles and resources
• Analyze resources and cost
• Baseline the project plan
• Execute the project
• Customize dashboards
• Manage risk
• View reports
BENEFITS OF BASIC PRIMAVERA P6 TO ORGANISATIONS
- It reduces the risk of project slippage.
- It reduces the risk of project cost overrun.
- It helps organizations easily plan and manage project activities
- It allows organizations to optimize the project plan, costs and resource utilization.
- It gives a clear visibility of what is going on in the project.
- Allows organizations gain an easy forecast of costs and schedule.
- It provides the project schedule and cost variance information.
- Organizations can easily track project period performance and view past period performances.
- It enables organizations to standardize method of planning their projects, generate reports, for better collaboration and communication.
BENEFITS OF BASIC PRIMAVERA P6 TO INDIVIDUALS
- Increases your job opportunities- Due to worldwide use of Primavera P6 software and demand of its expert users, there is huge number of vacancies available for those who knows the use of Primavera P6 software.
- Serves as a differentiating factor in most industries.
- Better visibility – everything is included in the program so you can easily see what’s going on with a project at any time.
- Improved forecasting – having up-to-date information means that you are able to clearly see where there is likely to be overbooked or underutilized resources and you can plan accordingly
- Instant access – keeping track of progress with time and resources and getting information whenever you need it.
- Quicker access – using only one system which gives you all the information you need means you save time by not having to refer to lots of different tools
- Better monitoring – it makes monitoring projects and costs simple by allowing you to track and report on progress instantly
- Easier project planning – becoming a proficient Primavera P6 user makes it easier to plan projects, especially large scale or complex ones.
• Project Management Life Cycle
• Understanding Data in P6
• Overview and Navigation
• Creating a Project
• Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
• Adding Activities
• Creating Relationships
• Assigning Constraints
• Customizing Activity Views
• Understanding Roles and Resources
• Assigning Roles and Resources
• Project Workspace
• Optimizing the Project Plan
• Baselining the Project Plan
• Methods of Applying Progress
• Executing the Project Plan
• Analyzing the Updated Project
• Portfolios and Dashboards
• App A – Updating the Project Using Timesheets
• App B – Reporting
• CS – Three Case Studies
AUDIENCE: Existing user, Business Analyst, Functional Implementer, Project Manager
Maximize your future!SIGN UP NOW