AddressPLOT 33 OLORUNMBE STREET WEMABOD ESTATEIKEJA,LAGOS View map
Association of Project management APMP Certificate is an internationally recognised knowledge based qualification (IPMA Level D) that enables individuals to demonstrate their knowledge for successful delivery of projects.The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management.
Association of Project management APMP Certificate course objectives?
The key objectives of this course are:
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management.
- Use critical path analysis techniques and manage resource conflicts.
- Contribute to the development of the business case.
- Select and apply appropriate project monitoring and control methods.
- Use a systematic approach to analysing and planning a project.
- Consider and apply appropriate conflict management and negotiating techniques.
- Appreciate the project context and actively manage the project stakeholders.
- Apply work breakdown structures and map responsibilities.
- Appreciate the context and relevance of project change control processes.
- Recognise the importance of developing effective leadership skills and communication techniques.
- Prepare for the APMP examination.
What is the course approach?
This event is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM approved trainer, with the focus of preparing for the APMP Examination. All trainers have practical experience of projects. Practical sessions are on an individual and team basis and feature throughout the event. The examination is taken on day five and the results are usually available within eight to ten weeks.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Attendees would benefit from possessing some good basic project management skills, or from attendance on the APM Introductory Certificate course. A minimum of 6 months actual experience of working on a project would also be recommended and extremely beneficial.
Extensive event preparation materials will be provided to delegates in advance of the course. This includes the APM Project Management Qualification Study Guide. Approximately 10 hours preparation is required to complete the pre-course study.
What examinations are taken on the course?
APMP Certificate Exam: This exam is a three-hour closed-book essay-style paper. In this paper, candidates must answer ten from sixteen questions covering 37 topics. The pass mark is 55%.
What course materials are included?
The course syllabus/materials are based on the Association’s official Body of Knowledge (6th edition).
Event preparation materials will be provided to delegates in advance of the course. Approximately 10 hours preparation is required to complete the pre-course study.
What documentation is included?
The following course material is included for this event.
- APMP Event Preparation material
- APMP Study Guide
- APMP Courseware Handout
APMP Certificate Exam
The APMP exam is a three-hour closed-book essay-style paper. In this paper, candidates must answer ten from sixteen questions covering 37 topics. The pass mark is 55%.
What does the course cover?
This five-day intensive course covers the APMP Certificate syllabus, including the following topics:
- Structure of organisations and projects
- Project life cycle
- Project contexts and environments
- Governance and structured methodologies
- Leadership and teamwork
- Schedule and resource management
- Project risk management and issue management
- Project quality management
Who is the course designed for?
- Those with existing project management experience who wish to enhance their project management knowledge and prepare for the APMP qualification. In particular …
- Project Managers requiring formal best-practice project management training.
- Work Package managers, project managers or other key project personnel looking to develop their project management career skills.
- Project Managers wishing to attain a formal, and widely recognised, project management qualification.
It is quite revealing and gave me somewhat broader paradigm as the fact that every endeavour is a project.
Adeboye OloyedeDaystar Christian Centre
Neat & world class learning environment. Breathtaking delivery from the facilitators.
A very impactful program, for individuals that desire change in career & new challenges.