Advanced Certificate in Warehousing and Inventory Management Overview
Advanced Certificate in Warehousing and inventory management course provides a clear understanding of the assets, operations, processes and management strategies involved in creating efficient warehouse and inventory functions as part of a global supply chain
Supply chain management and logistics encompasses all the activities involved in getting products to consumers, including planning, storing, moving and accounting for inventory. Inventory availability is the most important aspect of customer service, and the cost of inventory is one of the most important entries on a company’s balance sheet.
Recognition of the balance sheet implications of inventory in supply chain management has launched a variety of industry-wide inventory reduction initiatives. Despite all these initiatives to reduce inventory in the supply chain, inventory levels for most companies have remained the same or increased. This course focus understanding on how to efficiently provide the inventory necessary for good customer service while minimizing the inventory resulting from poor supply chain management.
Advanced Certificate in Warehousing and Inventory Management Course Objectives
The course provides participants with an advanced understanding of:
- the warehouse and its place in the supply chain
- the operations associated with warehouses
- inventory management within the supply chain
- the people aspect of warehouse management & resource planning
How You Will Benefit
- Exchange space for time (or vice versa) to better meet business objectives.
- Understand when to use dedicated storage and when to use shared storage.
- Identify the most convenient locations in a warehouse based on an economic model.
- Identify patterns in customer orders and exploit these to speed fulfillment.
- Evaluate warehouse performance.
- Optimally size and stock a forward pick area.
- Understand the best practices in order-picking.
- Understand how to think about automation.
- Evaluate and choose a Warehouse Management System and survive the installation.
The course will thus better equip candidates to balance the core interrelated issues of customer satisfaction, inventory levels and costs.
|Module One: Warehouse Operational Principles
Module Two: Warehouse Developments and Trends
|Module Three: Inventory Management
Module Four: Stock Control, Verification and Reporting
Module Five: Inventory Improvements and the Supply Chain
Module Six: Managing People, Resources, Performance, Health and Safety
Who should attend?
- warehouse and inventory managers looking to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- logistics employees looking for specialised knowledge
- supply chain professionals
- executives in enterprise resource planning, logistics information systems and HR management
- suppliers, exporters, manufacturers, distributors and retailers
- marketing, customer service, operations and manufacturing managers