ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OVERVIEW
Advanced certificate in logistics and supply chain management equips managers and practitioners with the concept and practices of SCM which will help them deliver corporate success through a more efficient coordination with their suppliers, and customers. The program has been designed to suit the requirements of managers involved in SCM operational activities like procurement, production planning, logistics planning and sales & distribution planning, and strategic activities like vendor selection and management, SCM network optimization, and product/process re-design for SCM. The role of logistics and supply chain managers is progressively shifting from supply focused to demand focused owing to the increasing competitiveness of the business environment. Further to enable supply chain practitioners comprehend and leverage the business environment as well as equip them with skills to assume greater responsibilities cross-functionally, the program includes topics on fundamental aspects of management theory.
Advanced certificate in logistics and supply chain management is an IoSCM qualification at Level 5 and is designed to develop knowledge and skills of senior managers in the areas of supply chain chosen by the student. It aims to provide those wishing to move into a senior management position with the skills and knowledge to progress in their career.
IoSCM Level 5 is designed for middle managers looking to further their careers in supply chain management and progress to a senior management position. Students can choose from a range of optional units to study, each one focusing on a different area of supply chain operations. Flexible study options enable students to complete the qualification through a combination of study and submitting evidence of knowledge or previous experience.
A. Introduction to Operations Management
- An Overview of Operations Management
- Process Analysis
- Business Forecasting
- Efficient Planning for Operations
B. Logistics – Concepts & Practices
- Warehousing Decisions
- Transportation Decisions
- Third Party Logistics
- Logistics Engineering
- Reverse Logistics
- Global Logistics
C. Understanding Supply Chain Management
- Introduction and definitions
- Inventory Management – Different Policies, Levers, Echelon Inventory
- Uncertainty and risk analysis
- Supply Chain Performance Measures
- Service Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Management in India
- Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain
D. Designing & Managing Channel Partners – Distribution
- Role of Distribution Channels
- Product Life Cycle and Distribution Challenges
- Managing Customer Relationships
- Measuring Channel Performance
- Managing Channel Conflict
E. Procurement and Sourcing Management
- Development of Supply Strategies
- Purchasing Performance Evaluation
- Supplier Price & Cost Analysis, Value Analysis
- Purchasing & Supply Negotiations
- Contract Administration & Management
- Legal Aspects of Purchasing, Sourcing & Contracts
F. Supply Chain Modeling
- Overview of optimization modeling and techniques
- Distribution Center Location Models
- Supply Chain Network Optimization Models
- Vehicle Routing Models
- Inventory Deployment Models
- Risk Management of Supply Chains
- Project Management: PERT and CPM
- Decision Tree Applications
G. Supply Network Strategy
- Introduction & Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Contracts
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Supply Chain Innovation
- Supply Chain Resilience
H. Special Topics in SCM
- Quality Management, Six sigma & Lean Management Concepts
- RFID & Recent Advances in Technology
- Taxation & supply chains
This certificate program is designed for professionals in the field as well as those who may be new to management or supervisory roles within the field. The program may also benefit those who are looking to enter new roles in:
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Purchasing management
- Contract Management
- Finance and accounting
- Operations management within logistics or supply chain organizations
- Management in transportation-related fields (i.e., trucking, rail or intermodel transportation firms)
The environment is most conducive for learning and the materials are rich in the project management best practices.
OLAYANJU BENJAMINGLOBACOM, PROJECT ARCHITECT
It exposes you to the best practice in the industry which eventually leads to achieving business result/success.
EZIFE CHIMAOBIMSUN INTERNATIONAL. EGM SUPPORT/MAINTENANCE ENGR.
It is very informative and educating, also it offers a career path for young professionals.
OLATUNDE T. OYETUNDEBANK PHB, PROJECT MONITORING OFFICER
The program will enable you to understand yourself. It will help you set SMART goals, manage your time, set priorities and also organize your time. It also gives room for teamwork and team building.
MBAMALA SAMANTHAIESL ASSISTANT TO CEO
Highly intensive and informative training. It is really an eye- opener.