Advanced Business Writing Skills Course Overview
Advanced business writing skills is a workshop for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also become more skilled at writing business cases, proposals and reports, and learn a bit more about e-mail etiquette.
This advanced business writing skills course picks up where Business Writing that works leaves off: it delves into writing topics more deeply. Students will have a chance to measure their progress since taking the introductory course, Business Writing that works. Students will practice their skills with several exercises covering different writing situations.
Benefits of Advanced Business Writing Skills to Individuals
By applying the concepts and principles learned in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Increased confidence in your ability to write well
- Write with impact and capture the reader’s attention
- Save time
- Produce clear, concise, and easy to read documents
- Win more business by writing more persuasive and successful proposals
- Use the principles of good written communication
- Avoiding common grammar and punctuation errors
- Write clear, succinct and persuasive emails, letters and proposals, produce professional reports
Benefits of Advanced Business Writing Skills to Organizations
By applying the concepts and principles learned in this advanced workshop, you will be able to:
- Make a great impression to your clients, business partners and customers
- Respond effectively to e-mails and reports
- Increased confidence in writing memos, reports
- Obtaining better results from written correspondence
- Avoid misinterpretations
- Identify and communicate key messages that will win you the business
- Adopt Final steps which make a difference
- Objectivity in writing
- Identify their writing challenges
- Make their writing clear, concise, and correct
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development
- Identify ways to make their writing simpler and easier to read
- Use the readability index
- Develop effective business letters for tough situations
- Use standard ways of documenting materials
- Use proper e-mail etiquette
- Develop an appropriate writing style and format for letters, business cases, and reports
To take the course click advanced business writing skills
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
The Three C’s
All writing should be clear, concise, and correct. We will look at these three elements in detail during this session and practice each of them.
Grammar and Writing Mechanics
This session will outline seven easy ways to help participants simplify their writing and ensure their grammar is correct. Participants will also take a close look at the proper length of paragraphs, what a paragraph should contain, and how to order paragraphs.
During this session, you will help participants use the readability test (also called the Gunning Fog Index) on their own work.
There are twelve important parts to a business letter, and several different styles. We will examine all of these closely. We will also look at the proper way of folding a letter and placing it into an envelope.
Dealing with Specific Requests
Often people are asked to respond to a request for information or to write a particular letter (of recommendation, for example). We’ll discuss some tips to keep in mind when writing one of these particular documents.
These days, e-mail has become a universal method of communication. However, there are many questions of etiquette and few answers. This session will discuss some common dilemmas and our recommended answers.
Another common task is to write a business case, request for proposal, or a formal report. Where would you start? We will provide some guidelines and checklists that will help with these tasks.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Anyone who has taken Business Writing that works and wishes to further refine their skills in writing will gain from attending this course. Students should have a reasonable level of mastery of grammar and punctuation
THE PRACTICAL TEACHINGS WAS REFRESHING AND USEFUL
JK MICHAELS IS THE BEST
IT’S VERY EDUCATIONAL AND CHALLENGING.
KUM BEHPremium Pension
JK MICHAELS HAS DONE WONDERFULLY WELL IN THE PRESENTATION OF LECTURES.