ACCOUNT PAYABLES TRAINING
You’ll learn what it is that a manager does and how to best operate an Accounts Payable department and you’ll find ways to help motivate the people you manage into being the best possible performers.
ACCOUNT PAYABLES TRAINING COURSE
This course will also discuss the following areas:
– What is a manager: You’ll learn what a manager is, what a manager does, and the importance of always being on top of what is happening within your department. You will also learn the key to managing your Accounts Payable department and how to best become a valuable asset to your company.
– Invoice handling: The student will understand the process of tracking invoices from the moment they arrive in the department until the final check is cut. Students will also be walked through a step-by-step process to bring order to what might be a chaotic system.
– Checks: The lesson will address to core of the Accounts Payable department and will help the student to understand areas that might need to be examined and worked on.
– Preventing errors: Students will discover that duplication and missing invoices are among the most common problems in the Accounts Payable department and will be given real-world solutions that they can apply in reducing errors.
– Customer service, internal controls and the annual audit: Students will understand how the aspects of customer service apply to their department and will examine the concepts of internal controls and the annual audit.
– Fraud: Vendor, Employee, and Check: This section of the course will instruct the student on the importance of overseeing things to ensure there is no fraud taking place, either due to a vendor or employee check mismanagement.
– How companies are using technology in Accounts Payable: The student will learn more information about using the information in the Accounts Payable department, as well as address software solutions that can make their department run more smoothly.
– The importance of Master Vendor Files: Students will see how Master Vendor Files are an important way to help ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner and errors are avoided. In addition, the files are invaluable tools to monitor fraud and error.
By the end of this course, the student will have a thorough knowledge of what it takes to manage a successful Accounts Payable department and how to implement changes needed in order to make it operate more efficiently.
Implement latest accounts payable technology and techniques
Organise your accounts for optimum efficiency with suppliers and budget-holders
Gain more cooperation from vendors and co-workers
Self-audit your accounts payable process to spot-check your department’s accuracy
Benefit from expert insight into how long it should take and invoice to flow through your company
Combat fraud with proven techniques for accounting in the digital age
Students should possess basic knowledge in bookkeeping or accounting theory, basic bookkeeping or accounting theory, and basic knowledge of Windows.
Introduction to Accounts Payable
Before using Accounts Payable
o Overview of AP
o Processing AP batches
o Processing invoices, credit notes, and debit notes
o Processing adjustments
o Processing payments
o Using the payment entry form
o Using the create payment batch form
o Printing checks from accounts payable
o Posting payments o Importing payment batches
o One-time vendors
o Accounting for retainage
o Reconciling bank statements
o Processing multi-currency transactions
o Revaluing multi-currency transactions
o Reporting accounts payable data
o Periodic processing
o Using AP with other Sage 300 ERP Applications
o Icons for maintaining vendor records and setup information
o Adding, editing and deleting vendor groups
o Adding, editing and deleting vendors
o Adding, editing and deleting remit-to locations
o Adding, editing and deleting recurring payable records
o Adding, editing and deleting vendor information
o Changing accounts payable options
o Adding, editing and deleting account sets
o Adding, editing and deleting distribution codes
o Adding, editing and deleting distribution sets
o Using the payment entry form
o Using the control payments form
o Printing checks and posting payment batches
o Viewing payment information
o Using the adjustment entry form
o Listing payment and adjustment batches
o Posting adjustment batches
o Printing/posting journals
o Checking batch status
o Importing and exporting payment and adjustment batches
Periodic processing o Icons used in periodic processing
o Creating a recurring payable batch
o Clearing history and statistics
o Creating general ledger batches
o Creating retainage batches
o Filing 1099 forms electronically
o Deleting inactive records
o Revaluing vendor transactions
o Year-end processing
o Using personal report settings
o Account sets
o Aged cash requirements
o Aged payables
o Aged retainage
o Batch listing
o Batch status
o Cheques register
o Distribution codes
o Distribution sets
o E-mail messages
o GL transactions
o Letters and labels
o Optional fields
o Overdue payables
o Payment codes
o Payment selection codes
o Posting errors
o Posting journal
o Pre-check register
o Recurring payables
o Remit to locations
o Revaluation posting journal
o 1099/CPRS codes
o 1099/CPRS amounts
o Vendor activity statistics
o Vendor group list
o Vendor list
o Vendor period statistics
o Vendor transactions
o Using online message help
Importing and exporting
o File import/export selections
o Exporting from records with multiple tables
o Import options o Selecting records for export
o Errors during importing
Accounts payable security
o Creating macros for accounts payable
o Multi-user considerations
STANDARD REPORTS FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE:
Aged cash requirements
Batch listing and status
General ledger transactions
Directors of Accounts Payable
Directors of Accounting
Accounts Payable Managers
Accounts Payable Supervisors
Accounts Payable Controllers
Accounts Payable Officers
Accounts Payable Clerks
It’s very educating and challenging.
KUM BEHPREMIUM PENSION LIMITED /BUSINESS APPLICATION SUPPORT
Sincerely, I’ll rate JK Michaels very high. But generally you can still be better . I think you are just perfect.
CORNELIUS OLUBUNMIVALUCARD NIGERIA PLC
The facilitation is quite intriguing and exciting. I will recommend JK Michaels any day.
Ashaye Adetunbi.First Pension Custodian Nig. Ltd.
It awakened the skills that were neglected in me.